Notify
Tools

FMB for SD Login/Join 
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taffbanjo:
As a European, I'm fully convinced that FMJ ammo combined with the Mozambique Drill will give you all the SD capability that you will need.

Yeah, really... No such thing as stopping power.
If you think I'm wrong, watch this.

https://youtu.be/y_FwUfFhFHs

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I think it might work differently in Yurrp.

Maybe Tac knows.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Paraphrasing Mr. Lee: paper target don't hit back.

Drill may be okay but good luck when someone's shooting back at you from 15-20 yards and he's quick little sucker. Sometimes any hit counts. The more you make that hit count, the better. I think HP has a better chance than FMJ of making that hit count.

Why against HP? Cost? Not sure why one would prefer FMJ if HP is available and cost no object.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
I would agree 2 well placed rounds and one within the triangle will put most if not all down but.....I like my SD rounds to stop inside the animal I am shooting not in little Suzy behind him.

No a good HP will not guarantee that but it's better than FMJ.

This! Preferably the JHP round does not exit the target, thus little Suzy is never in danger. My personal choice is .40.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a European, I'm fully convinced that FMJ ammo combined with the Mozambique Drill will give you all the SD capability that you will need.

So You been here since Sept 2016 and this is what you decided to post!!!!!

Posts: 4450 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
What caliber?

10mm, of course.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
What caliber?
10mm, of course.
That works. All you need to do is fire one in the general direction. The shock wave will do the job. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the party pal Wink

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tactical pants make your bullets more lethal. And words like "Mozambique" add lethality. Trust me. I am TACTICAL.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
FMB ?

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
My personal choice is .40.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
FMB ?
Flavored Malt Beverage which I suspect the OP has been partaking in

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Bless your heart.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the entertainment. We can learn a lot from Europeans. IDK maybe he is french that would explain a lot.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like pie.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

It can be a good skill drill on the range, one I practice myself sometimes, but I'm unwilling to endorse an apocryphal story (one version has it happening in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe) as a "one size fits all" or "be-all-and-end-all" of self-defense strategies.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
As a Cascadian, I am fully convinced that nothing short of deep penetrating, expanding, heavy Magnum loads is just not sufficient for self-defense. We've got Bigfeets out here.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17089 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post