SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Korean war veteran kicked out of NY nursing home to make room for illegal aliens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Korean war veteran kicked out of NY nursing home to make room for illegal aliens Login/Join 
posted
Korean War veteran, Frank Tammaro, 95, kicked out of his New York nursing home at short notice so it could be turned into housing for undocumented migrants overwhelming the city

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-evicted-staten.html

More than 200 beds at the Staten Island nursing home were turned over to migrants arriving in New York City

Elderly residents were left scrambling to find new homes after being given six weeks notice to get out

Three thousand migrants are now being housed at the Roosevelt Hotel

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm missing something. I don't understand. Why would existing residents be kicked out for illegal immigrants? Why not just find a different solution for the illegals? One that doesn't involve affecting other people in the country legally.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12758 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I'm missing something. I don't understand. Why would existing residents be kicked out for illegal immigrants? Why not just find a different solution for the illegals? One that doesn't involve affecting other people in the country legally.

Because they voted for goddman commies. Fucking commies.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would say there is more profit housing illegal aliens from Government reimbursement, than from housing nursing home patients.

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not quite--they probably did not vote for Democrats.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 16, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The new residents are, undoubtedly, more reliable fillers-out of their absentee ballots than the old folks they displaced. Or, less likely to raise a ruckus about someone filling out their ballots for them.

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

It says in the article that the Nursing home was sold to the city last month. The city chose illegals over Vets. Mad

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
Disgusting and shameful.

Posts: 167 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Horrid bastard commies. He deserves so much more.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by laman48:
Not quite--they probably did not vote for Democrats.

Give them a couple more years they will be. Frown

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is more to this story. Money is certainly a part of it. It may also be a political ploy in which Vets are used as pawns. Time will tell. The city had to expect some resistance to this move.
The VA also has considerable clout.

Posts: 17280 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because the government is paying more.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some perspective, Staten Island is the most 'conservative' of the five NYC boroughs, the majority of council members are Republicans and DJT won by 15% over Clinton.
Considering this home is owned by NYC gov, anybody want to guess Manhattan is pushing all the new arrivals to ST in order to tilt their politics?

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Every bit a reaction to the massive influx of illegals into the City.

No doubt it is part of the news control narrative of NYC's mayor, he's now busing illegals out of NYC upstate, even though those cities said no, he's doing it anyway, does the city own that facility, if so it may be coming from that part of NY government.

How NYC could do this and hope to get a positive light thrown on it is beyond reason.. These people in charge are out of control..

Link NYC busing illegals upstate

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
The new residents are, undoubtedly, more reliable fillers-out of their absentee ballots than the old folks they displaced. Or, less likely to raise a ruckus about someone filling out their ballots for them.
Preach it ..

Posts: 4069 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have no words. Well....I do, but........

Mad Mad Mad ...infinity

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post