SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Happened to Waze?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Happened to Waze? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I was a dedicated Wazer, until I changed phones back in November. After the change, I needed a new cable to connect to my car touchscreen system, and because of COVID I wasn't driving much, or far, etc., etc., etc.

Well, I got a cable, connected up, and the service is horrible. Latency is very bad. I am up to 100 yards past an intersection before my icon catches up, and the icon keeps changing speed. This should not be a problem with my phone. The reason I replaced the old phone was to get much more memory and much more chip speed so Apps worked better.

Although I have show speedometer checked, it isn't displaying, and it's not notifying me of the speed limit on the road, either.

The experience seems much less rich and informative than I remember it being.

Has anyone else noted that the performance of the Waze app isn't what it was?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's been about a week, but I had none of those issues the last few times.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No issues when I’ve been using it lately.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I used Waze last week and it seemed to work just fine with my old phone. Not sure what's coming into play with your setup.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
No issues with Waze here. I travelled about 195 miles today with no issues using it.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Your phone is fine. You need a new truck.

You can give me the old one.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30724 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Maybe I just have rush hour bandwidth problems out here tonight.

Thanks for the reports.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Your phone is fine. You need a new truck.

You can give me the old one.

Lmao Big Grin

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I use Waze on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android).

I have the speedometer showing all the time, but it does have a quirk where if I'm going up or down a hill, or sharp turn the speed will fluctuate quite a bit (said I was going 45 while actual going 75, showed 90 when I was doing 50).

It's not the GPS, as I have other GPS apps that don't suffer the same issues. Not sure why it does with Waze.

I still prefer Waze over Google Maps.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It’s my 2nd week back full time in the office so I’m using Waze 2 to 4 times per day. I haven’t experienced any of those issues.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used waze all day today. No problem.

It sounds like a carrier problem not a waze problem.

I get the same thing when I am out in the boonies. Not enough bandwidth.

I can usually see the problem as drooped bars in signal strength, but not always.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I do deliveries and use Waze a lot. I also sometimes experience the delays, usually with confusing turns or whatever coming up. Can't say it's a new issue.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Used it this past Sunday in N Texas and no issues.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had some of the same problems. I don't think it is the Waze app, rather Apple CarPlay / Lincoln SYNC 3 / Waze not playing nice together.

I understand that Google (which now owns Waze) is investing primarily in Google Maps and Waze gets the stepchild treatment.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I use it daily, no issues.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4524 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Drift

Vtail, why is your car full of eels?

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11303 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Until today I’d have said I have had minimal issues with Waze. Today I was sitting in a hospital parking lot doing my paperwork for the call I was wrapping up. I set up a trip to the next place in Waze. I look up and see my speed going from 2 to 4 to 8 mph, only I’m sitting still. It did that for about 5 minutes til I hit the road. And it was laggy the rest of the trip.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I use it everyday, no issues.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10952 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
No issues here.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google bought them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post