SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tyson Foods is laying off American workers and replacing them with "asylum seekers."
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyson Foods is laying off American workers and replacing them with "asylum seekers." Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Is there another source for this story? A similar rumor was floated about the city of Denver, but it hasn't happened yet, or it's made up. Also, I'm concerned about information coming from social media. I don't trust it not one little bit.

I'd trust Jesse. But I also saw it on Townhall.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38683 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there another source for this story? A similar rumor was floated about the city of Denver, but it hasn't happened yet, or it's made up. Also, I'm concerned about information coming from social media. I don't trust it not one little bit.

From your viewpoint, who would you trust? The mainstream media? Someone with a huge moniker like NBC, Fox, or the New York Times? And I think you'll find that accurate stuff can come from social media nowadays, in particular Twitter since Musk took over.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

From your viewpoint, who would you trust? The mainstream media? Someone with a huge moniker like NBC, Fox, or the New York Times? And I think you'll find that accurate stuff can come from social media nowadays, in particular Twitter since Musk took over.

Anything and I mean anything that doesn't fit the liberal main stream medias narrative either goes unreported or spun in such a way to resemble something that does fit their narrative. Lots of good info on social media these days but you do have to be careful who you listen to.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel

quote:
They’ve been uprooted

What like some slave trading government funded airplanes picked them up and dropped them off somewhere in America to be exploited?

quote:
In recent days, there has been a lot of misinformation

Must be the Russians

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I hope every last one of them votes for Trump now.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals.

Who was doing the work before the plant closing and resultant layoffs? Odds are near certain it was citizens. Ever seen Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs show?

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I wouldn't ride them too hard, you would not believe how difficult it is to find people willing to work in a "chicken processing" plant. It's mind numbing work where just one slip means that your finger or hand is in a package of chicken breasts. Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals.

There are 692 Virginians that got tossed aside last year because of this shit by Tyson's when they closed the Glen Allen plant saying, “inability to economically improve operations” is what forced them to close. Not a lot of illegals there, mostly blacks and single parents. I drive by the vacant building and wonder where those 692 are now employed.

It also impacted more than just the plant workers. In rural Virginia, 55 farmers across 13 counties with a combined 278 chicken houses are preparing to go out of business. One in particular had just invested $1.5 million in his operation and built 4 new chicken houses before the announcement to shutdown. Further downstream, we're losing grain producers and mills because there's no longer a need for them. Truck drivers also needed to find alternative employment.

How's that for it's just "illegals" that do the work?

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
We should ride the hard...REALLY Hard! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8893 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post