SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tyson Foods is laying off American workers and replacing them with "asylum seekers."
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyson Foods is laying off American workers and replacing them with "asylum seekers." Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve boycotted Tyson ever since that shitheel Clinton ran for president.

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
snip: , put them to good use in the armed forces.

No, not there. 'snip'. Legal immigrants - either naturalized citizens or even a green card, proof that they actually want to be here for other than free shit - only.

The armed forces can train you for a job but it's not a job training program or a social equalizer or whatever some namby-pampy, piss-water swilling social scientist says it could be. The Services are there to kill the enemies of the Republic and break their shit. (Respects to the Space Force but I don't know what the fuck they do but ooh-rah to 'em)

Lots of good men have earned their way in life through joining up and God bless 'em. But that isn't what it's there for.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I recently saw an article that Tyson's was partnering with one of the WEF food concerns to provide insect protein from one of their plants. I stopped buying all their products as I'll fight not to eat bug gruel.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What we need are chicken robots. Not robot chickens, but robots to handle the chickens.

How hard can the job be? Illiterate peasants can do it.

We have the technology. The time is now.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Do the chickens have large talons?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't ride them too hard, you would not believe how difficult it is to find people willing to work in a "chicken processing" plant. It's mind numbing work where just one slip means that your finger or hand is in a package of chicken breasts. Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, no, of course not. Let's give Tyson a pass, because this is perfectly fine. We could even start a "Support Tysons" campaign, because poultry is hard work.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph Roll Eyes

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Beef meat packing is an oligopoly, there are only 4 majors Tyson, Cargill, JBS SA and National Beef Packing. Swear off one and you'll have to switch to another one just like it. Chicken processing is an oligopoly also. They control the market and I don't think any one of them is better than the others. That's my somewhat cynical nature listening to the Texas cattle ranchers in my family all my life. It is mind numbing and hard work and it's mostly done by immigrants. Not giving Tyson's a pass, I just think they all suck.

Your best option is to know your farmer by name. Mine is my brother in law, Farmer Mike. If you look hard you can find a local processor. The one in central TX my BIL uses charge $ 5 PER CHICKEN to process and pack. Or you can do it yourself. BIL sells all natural whole chickens for $20 each. He has a market but I'm not sure how big that is.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I wouldn't ride them too hard, you would not believe how difficult it is to find people willing to work in a "chicken processing" plant. It's mind numbing work where just one slip means that your finger or hand is in a package of chicken breasts. Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals.

Except for the 1200 (I’m guessing) legal citizens in Iowa they just laid off?? I get how hard it is to find good employees right now, but laying off 1200 to rehire illegal aliens? I must be misunderstanding something. Just No.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals...

...and 1200 people in Perry, IA...apparently.

Corporatism needs to die in this country.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't ride them too hard , you would not believe how difficult it is to find people willing to work in a "chicken processing" plant. It's mind numbing work where just one slip means that your finger or hand is in a package of chicken breasts. Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals.

I don't know if you realize, but this is a load of shit.

Tyson, which has a decades long history of criminally hiring illegals, has closed plants many times in the past, laying off thousands of workers. In regards to this latest story, they laid off over 1200 of their workers, and have partnered with a group called "Tent Partnership for Refugees" to hire thousands of recent illegal invaders. Putting on job fairs in Iowa, New York, etc. to hire illegals only, provide a $16.50/hr wage and an army of immigration lawyers.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Odds are near certain the ONLY folks actually willing to do this work are illegals.

You took a poll, did you? You saw this poll? Near certain, huh? That's an industry term, I take it.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Don’t buy any of those products.
Let their company rot.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
408,000 native Americans called they very much agree that any and all coming from outside the north American continent should be stopped at all costs.

They have a tendency to take over.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
Your best option is to know your farmer by name. Mine is my brother in law, Farmer Mike.
^^ THIS ^^

Even considering economies of scale, some serious corners are being cut for the grocery store's $6.21 whole chicken. Can't even do that DIY with the cheapest chicken feed. Non-GMO feed will add $2 per bird and organic feed will add $5 per bird.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:

Except for the 1200 (I’m guessing) legal citizens in Iowa they just laid off?? I get how hard it is to find good employees right now, but laying off 1200 to rehire illegal aliens? I must be misunderstanding something. Just No.

I have relatives in Perry IA and HAD relatives in the Meat Processing Plant there. Most of the real citizens were replaced by Somalis brought in during the 1990s.....strangely at that same time assaults, stabbings, cuttings (You can only imagine the damage one of those boning and meat processing knives can do to the human body), etc in the plant went drastically up at that same time. A couple of cousins who were hanging on to get their time in eventually left because it was getting too dangerous. Also why I stopped buying anything associated with Tyson.

Tyson isn't laying off the Perry IA workers, they are closing the plant and moving to another plant in New York state, where the state and local government have given them a sweetheart deal in tax breaks and such, as long as they hire "new comers".

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Even considering economies of scale, some serious corners are being cut for the grocery store's $6.21 whole chicken. Can't even do that DIY with the cheapest chicken feed. Non-GMO feed will add $2 per bird and organic feed will add $5 per bird.

I grow my own for roughly $8/bird. $3.90 each for chicks (used to be $.49 Roll Eyes) and $100-$120 for 8 weeks of feed. Not counting the labor on butchering day.

While it's pretty much a wash when buying whole birds, it's far cheaper than buying parts, with the bonus of having healthy birds without any additives and far better tasting. Plus you get the feet for stock and the innards to freeze dry and have for doggie treats...or eat if you're so inclined.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Is there another source for this story? A similar rumor was floated about the city of Denver, but it hasn't happened yet, or it's made up. Also, I'm concerned about information coming from social media. I don't trust it not one little bit.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, no, of course not. Let's give Tyson a pass, because this is perfectly fine. We could even start a "Support Tysons" campaign, because poultry is hard work.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph Roll Eyes

I did NOT say give them a pass, just not to ride them too hard.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tyson isn't laying off the Perry IA workers, they are closing the plant and moving to another plant in New York state …

A distinction without a difference.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post