SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hernia surgery - Update - Home from the hospital.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hernia surgery - Update - Home from the hospital. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
The worst part however, I’d that the placed a tube in my throat to give me oxygen and anesthesia.

I had forgotten about that element of my second procedure. My sympathies.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're not too sore today, bean. I have had a few friends get this surgery, and each of them got it like yours, the old fashioned version. One with mesh, one without, and the without guy was hurting like mad for about 3 weeks. Eek

I've got an inguinal hernia that isn't unmanageable, and still plan to kick that can down the road for a year or ten if I can manage. Guess that world deadlift record is safe for now....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Putting off a hernia repair is not a good idea. That bulge is your intestine coming through a weakness in the abdominal wall. It's possible to get a loop of bowel trapped in that weak spot and you are unable to get it to go back in. That is an incarcerated or strangulated hernia. That can cut off the blood supply to that loop of bowel. Bad enough if it causes a 3 am trip to the ER but what if you're on an ocean cruise or a hunting trip, miles from civilization. Better to get it fixed now.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Putting off a hernia repair is not a good idea. That bulge is your intestine coming through a weakness in the abdominal wall. It's possible to get a loop of bowel trapped in that weak spot and you are unable to get it to go back in. That is an incarcerated or strangulated hernia. That can cut off the blood supply to that loop of bowel. Bad enough if it causes a 3 am trip to the ER but what if you're on an ocean cruise or a hunting trip, miles from civilization. Better to get it fixed now.

Guess you don’t read any part of the thread, just the title and reply...

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the advice, the emails and well wishes from everyone. Still sore as heck, but doing okay. Hard for me to just sit and rest. It’s not in my nature. I just keep reminding myself it’s better to heal once, than rush it and heal twice.
Here’s to the rest of the week of resting. Tomorrow i can pick up the Jelly Belly beans I ordered a couple weeks ago. That’ll make the time off more fun I suppose.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this mean no off road videos for a while?

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Had mine about 12 years ago, traditional cut and sew. What really helped me is overcoming the pain and walking, as the Dr noted. I was under a weight restraint, but proceeded to take a 4-mile hike with a 25 backpack on on the first weekend. When the follow-up meeting with the Doc came, I told her about the hike. She did her exam and said I was good to go. The 3 weeks out of work was more because she was afraid I would slip and fall on snow rather than my condition itself.

You know your body better than the surgeon. Do whatever you think you can do without harming yourself!

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
Had mine about 12 years ago, traditional cut and sew. What really helped me is overcoming the pain and walking, as the Dr noted. I was under a weight restraint, but proceeded to take a 4-mile hike with a 25 backpack on on the first weekend. When the follow-up meeting with the Doc came, I told her about the hike. She did her exam and said I was good to go. The 3 weeks out of work was more because she was afraid I would slip and fall on snow rather than my condition itself.

You know your body better than the surgeon. Do whatever you think you can do without harming yourself!

I want to say something but , all I can come up with is

"Just, dayumn."

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
2 scars I offered to show vasectomy and hernia, offered to few young ladie's only had 3 take me up on offer.

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
2 scars I offered to show vasectomy and hernia, offered to few young ladie's only had 3 take me up on offer.

How long did it take you to realize they were working with vice?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post