SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CPAP mask question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPAP mask question Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
I'm currently using a nasal mask but I am still trying to make a full face mask work.
Over the years I have tried all types of head gear from nasal pillows to full face masks. My issue with the full face masks is how the lower edge just sits on the front of the chin under the lower lip. At some point after falling asleep I end up moving my chin or opening my mouth some and end up with the lower edge in my mouth.
Adjusting the mask, wearing a chin strap, moving the strap's positions do not make a difference, I still end up with the mask shifting.

Does anyone know of a full face mask that has a built in chin cup type set up that would keep the mask from shifting up?

I’ve discovered that my equipment supplier is actually worthless with anything other then their preferred brand.

Thanks in advance.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If you've got a deceptively large melon (like me) try the Large version of the same mask, or move to one that offers a large. This solved that very issue in my case.

I'm using this one, in large size:
AirFit™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask Assembly Kit BY RESMED

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12439 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have the ResMed AirFit F20 as well and really like it.

I think these DME’s that your doctor steered you to all have a brand that they like to push. I ended up going to places like CPAP.com and tried various masks until I found one that worked for me, not what the doc/DME wanted to push on me.

Went through 5 masks until I found the F20

Not sure if they still do it, but a few years back; CPAP.com had this program where you could buy a mask from them and try it for 30 days then if it wasn’t working out, you could return it and get your money back minus a deductible. I thought it was a very good deal and that’s how I got the F20

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I ended up going to places like CPAP.com and tried various masks until I found one that worked for me, not what the doc/DME wanted to push on me.

Can't help with the mask, but want to add a +1 to cpap.com.

I just replaced my machine this week and these folks were terrific to deal with. Top notch customer service.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
sounds like the mask size is too small. I used a medium for about 2 years. it got nasty and I got a large by mistake, it fits better.

go to cpap.com and call they will hook you up and let you return and swap until it is right.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
CPAP.com as stated is a good service company however they won't direct bill your insurance, you'll need to submit anything for reimbursement so it's 100% out of pocket, just FYI and their prices are competitive.

If you use the pillows and they work, why change, I'm the opposite, couldn't stand the full face masks.

Good luck on your search, the mask and it's fitting system being compatible with your sleep habits is key to making it work..

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.
I have tried masks in both med and large. The large size usually fits better but doesn’t change the issue.
I'll definitely check out CPAP.com.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Why do you want a full face?

What don’t you like about nasal pillow mask?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Why do you want a full face?

What don’t you like about nasal pillow mask?

Nasal pillows have never been a good fit for me. I move between sleeping on my back and my side throughout the night and the pillows would shift enough to lose the seal. The nasal mask works better because it reseats itself better then pillows can.

I need a full face option for when my sinuses are acting up.

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
A lot of people have had success using mouth tape.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post