SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shephard Smith To MSNBC?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shephard Smith To MSNBC? Login/Join 
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I never could understand how he kept his job simply based on his stammering. He isn't a great speaker at all.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One common denominator of all these types is that they have cultivated the ability to speak non-stop about almost nothing. This is an essential skill when you're hosting a live program that, while scripted, can become unscripted in the blink of an eye, as events dictate. So, when something happens and scheduled commercial breaks are cancelled, the guy in that chair has to have the abilty to just keep talking. Smith has this. I'm not impressed with this carnival barker bullshit, but he does have this.

Smith is not insightful and displays none of the characteristics of a true journalist. He's a guy in love with the sound of his own voice and who seems to possess no self-awareness, which means he's comfortable in front of a camera. He's just a squawking parrot, and genuinely full of shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One common denominator of all these types is that they have cutivated the ability to speak non-stop about almost nothing

^^^^^^^^^^^
The reporters for the Weather Channel are particularly skilled at speaking hysterically nonstop and communicating absolutely nothing. I am sure they could fill in for these guys.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox News gain is PMSNBC’s loss.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
To me, he is a big part of the saddest comedy show on Earth.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Right on top of him err behind him.

Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Maybe Juan Williams will follow him!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
Maybe Juan Williams will follow him!

Yeah, the two douchenozzles could sing a cappella together.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Look who's got a new gig:

"Former Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith Joins CNBC to Host Evening Newscast"

(Sorry it's behind a paywall but it's the only article I found).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/f...newscast-11594233300

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
He can gargle mancow’s protruding man parts till everyone is satisfied...good for to Fox for getting rid of of this liberal queen Big Grin

uuugh ya need ta keep that kinda shidt to yourself! LOL

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because the same Megyn Kelly path worked out so well.

Posts: 86 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Yes, he’s doing an evening news program at CNBC. Link

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post