SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shephard Smith To MSNBC?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shephard Smith To MSNBC? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I'm shocked I tell ya! SHOCKED! Roll Eyes

quote:

Jitters at MSNBC as Brass Eyes Moving Chuck Todd and Talks to Shep Smith

MSNBC talent and staffers are bracing for a major 2020 shakeup amid discussion of moving ratings-challenged Chuck Todd to a morning slot and execs talking with Fox News escapee Shepard Smith.

The goal of any reshuffle would be to shed ratings dead weight in the lead-up to the election. Sources at the network cautioned that a new look for the lineup is still up in the air, but brass have been batting around several options.

One of those is new blood in the form of Smith, who abruptly quit Fox News late last year after on-air skirmishes with Tucker Carlson and other prime-time hosts. Smith has had conversations with MSNBC President Phil Griffin about a potential gig when his non-compete clause expires, although his price tag is expected to be considerable for any interested network.

“It’s unclear what slot he would take, but we’d want him in prime-time,” an MSNBC insider told The Daily Beast. “We are well aware [Jeff] Zucker [president of CNN] is also pursuing him, as are a number of the networks.”

Link

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Great Fit!

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Great Fit!
he he

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And who didn't see that coming? Either that or CNN...one of the two. Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
And who didn't see that coming?
he he

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I wonder if his boyfriend at FNC will follow him?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Right on top of him err behind him.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
He can gargle mancow’s protruding man parts till everyone is satisfied...good for to Fox for getting rid of of this liberal queen Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
He can gargle mancow’s protruding man parts till everyone is satisfied...good for to Fox for getting rid of of this liberal queen Big Grin

Ewwwww. Smile

———————————————

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Well he can put on his pink feather boa and swish right over there.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

oh man, there isn't enough eye bleach to deal with that wunderful mental image....

Eek

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Smith and msnbc deserve each other.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
He probably likes to end up at CNN, where Lemon and Stelter are. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Q

Posts: 27629 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Who is that?

Posts: 5795 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

I'm surprised it took this long.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Who is that?

https://heavy.com/news/2013/10...ard-smith-boyfriend/

———————————————

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well bless his heart.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Who is that?

https://heavy.com/news/2013/10...ard-smith-boyfriend/

So now I understand why "fitting in" was funny. Sorry, I'm not a celebrity stalker, so I didn't know (nor did I care) about Shep Smith. I do know he had a face for radio, and a voice to match.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Chuck Todd is behind him all the way...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
he he