SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US troops drink Iceland out of beer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US troops drink Iceland out of beer Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Locals said "Beer? What is this soft drink? I shall have one once I finish my Finish adult beverage!"

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12430 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

I've never been in any branch of the military. I can tell you one thing for an absolute fact: If I am in a foreign country and I see a bunch of GIs hooping it up, I'll by them the next round and then thank God that they're there. They put their ass on the line for us and the countries that they "visit". Bet you dollars to doughnuts that the host country that is so offended isn't paying shit for the protection that we give them. God bless the US military.

Well, I was in the Navy for a while. Stationed in the Philippines, Japan and Iceland, TAD to Korea, travel stops in Italy and Spain.

Admittedly, I was an animal-in-training in the PI, but I showed a little respect for the country and it's people, yes even in the bars. You can have fun without being a complete asshole about it and giving Americans in general and the United States in particular a bad name.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15256 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post