SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 G.M.C. end gate demonstration
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 G.M.C. end gate demonstration Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
One of our forum members showed me his shiny new F150, with a step that folds out from the tailgate. Great idea!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30666 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Great idea....and I like the Ram one as well.

Now could they add storage like the Honda ridgeline and modify the RAM side storage so you can put a cap on it.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
And his begins the “tailgate” wars...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Great idea....and I like the Ram one as well.

Now could they add storage like the Honda ridgeline and modify the RAM side storage so you can put a cap on it.

Chevrolet Avalanche had the side storage with bed cover solution.

Been a while since I've been around a Ram, does the whole bedside open? Or would a between the rails cover like a Bak, Peragon, RollNLock work?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
If you use that man-pole to enter the bed, you should be required to sit on it once you've conquered Mt. Truck Bed.

As for the Honda and Dodge design, when you're rocking a 5.5' bed like 85% of owners are, you need every inch you can get. A tailgate that doesn't lay flat seems like a novelty to me.

My Ford had the man-step/shaft. $35 dollars for the proper sheet metal cover and it's back to the way a tailgate should be, flat, without humps and bumps for shit to snag on.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
If you use that man-pole to enter the bed, you should be required to sit on it once you've conquered Mt. Truck Bed.

As for the Honda and Dodge design, when you're rocking a 5.5' bed like 85% of owners are, you need every inch you can get. A tailgate that doesn't lay flat seems like a novelty to me.

My Ford had the man-step/shaft. $35 dollars for the proper sheet metal cover and it's back to the way a tailgate should be, flat, without humps and bumps for shit to snag on.

The 2015 and newer F-150's have a newer design, inside face of the tailgate is flat, step and pol come out of the top edge of the tailgate.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The question is, how much is this going to rattle driving over washboarded roads?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
This is why new trucks cost $60k. Unnecessary electronic crap that is expensive, overcomplicated, and will be a maintenance nightmare 5 years down the road. All to solve problems dreamed up by some hipster douchebag that has never used a truck as a truck. I'd like to see that guy haul 4,000lbs of gravel in the back of that thing, or roll an 800lb stump over that tailgate.

Agree 110%.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'd like to see that guy haul 4,000lbs of gravel in the back of that thing,

I'd like to see anyone haul 4000lbs of gravel in the back of a 1/2 ton pickup. Wink

Personally, I'm a big fan of these tailgates. As the ankles and knees age, it's real handy to be able to step up rather than crawl in. They're also quite handy for getting aging dogs that can't jump like they used to to hop up as well.
But, they need to be mechanical and not electronic. Seems like a yuge waste of money for something that will break and require $$$ to fix.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Who the hell needs speakers inside the tailgate.

A fella who doesn't haul dirty stuff. Or anything.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Big deal.

Ford is bringing out a heated tailgate.

This will definitely keep your hands warm when pushing that sucker!

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Picture of MaThGr82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
That GMC tailgate has an option for speakers inside the fold down tailgate. Who the hell needs speakers inside the tailgate.

Why not...great option when tailgating I guess?

Posts: 6302 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Will all that stuff still work with a big crease in the top after you back into a pole with your tailgate down? That seems to be standard on any truck that does real work.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Good news for Howie - Ford is on the phone this time!
Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGI8IRXRqpo

No kidding -now chevy is 8 years late to the "man step" party... Chevy should hold a focus group or something to discuss.

I thought of Howie Long’s “man step” commercial immediately when I saw this truck advertised. I figure, if GM had thought of it first...

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dodge rebel vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXzGDij-jbE

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think part of it is due to the demise of the 8' bed. Guys buy a truck and then realize it's semi-useless for doing many of the things trucks are for, like hauling lumber and sheet goods. All the fancy steps and stops on the tailgate are supposed to restore some of that capability. Personally, I'd rather close the tailgate on an 8' and go.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait til you hit your 70's!

If I trade trucks again, I am installing one of those steps that is spring loaded and pops out from below the corner of the bumper. Similar to the chevy step-in-the-bumper, but lower. They work well and probably much cheaper than this.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift:
Would these steps and fancy tailgates be necessary if trucks didn’t get taller every year?
I walked by a ‘19 F250 4x4 the other day and the top of the bed was level with my shoulder. I’m still 6’ tall on a good day....I can remember being able to reach over the bedside and actually get stuff out of my truck back in the day.
As to the demise of the 8’ bed...I still like one even with a 4door truck. I really only need 6’ but I have about 2’ of crap that I always carry around...Smile

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You're not imagining the height of the bed rails. The 4x4 3/4 and 1 ton SRW are taller their 2wd and dually counterparts. It's an issue with a 5th wheel. I have barely adequate bed rail to 5th wheel overhang clearance with my trailer at slight nose high from level.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
GM needs to spend less time developing tailgates and more time improving their quality. Their trucks are behind the Tundra and F150 for quality.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post