SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 G.M.C. end gate demonstration
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 G.M.C. end gate demonstration Login/Join 
posted
Is this way over kill ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvaXZTK9eFc

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It would be way cool if it could make that Transformers transforming sound effect. Big Grin

Seriously though I have owned a lot of trucks and trucklets in my life and having more tailgate options is nice. Now this particular tailgate might have more options then I would use but don't discount being able to get closer to the bed easier.

Honestly the only thing I don't care for is the electronic buttons.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I liked it.

Especially the step up and the handle to grab onto.

Ford also has a feature for step and handle on pick ups

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I played with one the other day, it was cool but I don't see the point or a need

Will probably go the way of quadrasteer

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wondered what this was as I saw this truck, same color with this new gate earlier this week.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
This is why new trucks cost $60k. Unnecessary electronic crap that is expensive, overcomplicated, and will be a maintenance nightmare 5 years down the road. All to solve problems dreamed up by some hipster douchebag that has never used a truck as a truck. I'd like to see that guy haul 4,000lbs of gravel in the back of that thing, or roll an 800lb stump over that tailgate.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Dodge took a different approach with their asymmetrical barn door tailgate.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Showing my age, but I view this as a solution in search of a problem. At 56 I still get into the bed of my 20 year old F-150 just fine.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Good news for Howie - Ford is on the phone this time!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGI8IRXRqpo

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
And when some one rear ends you they will have to total the truck because of the price to repair

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Showing my age, but I view this as a solution in search of a problem. At 56 I still get into the bed of my 20 year old F-150 just fine.

I'm 66 and can still climb in my F-150

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That GMC tailgate has an option for speakers inside the fold down tailgate. Who the hell needs speakers inside the tailgate.

I loved the dual swing tailgate in the Honda Ridgeline. I think the new Ram tailgate is more simplified but im not a fan of the gap down the middle. Ram should have just copied the ridgeline tailgate.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'll add this to the list of things I don't want to see or pay for on a truck.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Good news for Howie - Ford is on the phone this time!
Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGI8IRXRqpo

No kidding -now chevy is 8 years late to the "man step" party... Chevy should hold a focus group or something to discuss.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
While trying not to mock anybody's appearance, I will say that the GMC truck model would be perfect for Howie's next commercial as well.

Realize the target audience of SUVs has changed, but have the trucks changed that much as well that not having a sturdier dude fits better with a show/demo?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I think the most useful addition is the bumper corner step. A little easier to get my leg up that high. Especially on a 3/4 ton 4 WD.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Guy said look, you can put your laptop on the tailgate and there's a lower plug in the back of the bed to plug it into. I'm thinking how long before I forget my laptop on the tailgate and drive off.

Guy also mentioned putting drywall in with the tailgate in the mid-position. I'm thinking drywall should be lying flat in the bed and not raised up at the end.

It's a clever concept, but the repair bill the first time you forget to drop the tailgate while unhitching your 5th wheel is going to be interesting.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I think the power port is a good idea, heck a converter to 110 would be nice, if you do any kind of work in construction, getting power for a laptop to go over plans, communications with vendors etc, That part makes sense.

Time will tell if it can last, lots of moving parts to break or bend...

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I dont know if it is a coincidence that my tailgate was taken from my truck in my driveway soon after this commercial aired..

I am waiting for the first person drops that tailgate straight down onto the trailer hitch

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post