SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What it's like being in the Marine Corps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What it's like being in the Marine Corps Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
I can vouch that this would apply to the Army as well, no experience with the other services Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...h0c&feature=youtu.be

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Ab-so-lutely true!

Semper Fi, gentlemen!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't get the video up, but can tell you that USMC stands for Unlimited S**t and Mass Confusion.

But on the other hand, FMF stands for Fun Music and Fantasy.

Good times.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCE4retired:
I can't get the video up, but can tell you that USMC stands for Unlimited S**t and Mass Confusion.

But on the other hand, FMF stands for Fun Music and Fantasy.

Good times.

What happens when you try to play it? Have you tried clicking the link directly to YouTube that's at the bottom of the post? Can you play other YouTube videos?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
That dude's not a Marine. Look at the uniform and patches.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That pretty much mirrors my experience in the Army. "What are we doing here?" I have no idea, I was just told to get in line. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
That dude's not a Marine. Look at the uniform and patches.

Yep. Army.

USMC never used UCP camo.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Two career Marines, one an NCO and the other a Warrant Officer both said the same thing:

Its like the Boy Scouts, but without the adult supervision.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That guy is Army. And he also has a pretty awesome channel on YouTube called angry cops. He’s hilarious. And yeah it’s pretty much true.. my platoon had to use brooms to sweep the puddles into the drain in the motor pool once, and it even started raining again and guess what? The Fucker who made us do it didn’t give a shit. We used to call those the “Fuck You Details”

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then Navy version can be found at
https://bluejacket.com/humor_navy-life.htm

Highlights:
- Repaint your entire house once a month.
- Perform a weekly disassembly and inspection of your lawn mower. If you miss a week or fudge complete disassembly, hold a trial and restrict yourself to the house for a month.
- Walk around your car for four hours, check the tire pressure, oil level, and fuel level every 15 minutes and keep an accurate log (record book) of the readings.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2070 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Paint the stone edging of your front lawn with white paint.

Stand at ease until it dries, and then, when it IS, scrub it.

Royal Navy Guardhouse tradition.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We painted the rock garden outside the motor pool every time some important REMF was coming through, then had to swap 'em out if they got moved around before the next one came in (the painted rocks, that is). That was always a favorite thing to do when it was trying to snow and they waited til dark thirty to remember that was on their list.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my day deployed forward 25 months and some odd days of a 48 month enlistment. Ships I was on at one time or another Terrel-Waldo-Lorain-Henry LST's, Okinawa-Iwo Jima LPH's Made PFC twice finished out Sgt. Recipient of hearing disability and Agent Orange VA compensation. I can go to the Wall in Washington D.C. and pick out more than several names of individuals I served with.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That's Angry Cops! He has a YouTube channel. He's hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsvr0UuB23o

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
don't know, my wife's dad once had her and her brother wash the rocks in their planter on a weekend because they were getting dull.

Their dad was deaf and never served in the military and gawd how I wished I had the opportunity to meet him. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That guy has a bad attitude. Needs realignment.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Accurate example here:

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
That guy has a bad attitude. Needs realignment.

He’s an Army Drill SGT.

Here he is, realigning some college athletes:

https://youtu.be/uHPpeIbv9Mc

Posts: 17134 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is more like when I was in...

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post