SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So while getting older are you impatient, irritable, pissed off, just generally mad at the world. Hold grudge's till hell freezes over.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So while getting older are you impatient, irritable, pissed off, just generally mad at the world. Hold grudge's till hell freezes over. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Jordan Peterson says that disagreeable people make the World go round. Because agreeable people can never make a decision.

Yes, but with age ideally comes experience and wisdom.

The experience to disagree when really necessary but also the wisdom to respect the house we are in and the owner's wishes.

We might be better served if you actually watch the video, so that we’re on the same page … Because I don’t think we are at the moment.

https://youtu.be/dMlZNKjQpMo

Fair point. Sorry.

I'm comments were entirely related to the OP's original question and then what subsequently happened here.

I should have made my comment in a separate post and not in a response to yours.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jordan Peterson says that disagreeable people make the World go round. Because agreeable people can never make a decision.

Yes, but with age ideally comes experience and wisdom.

The experience to disagree when really necessary but also the wisdom to respect the house we are in and the owner's wishes.

We might be better served if you actually watch the video, so that we’re on the same page … Because I don’t think we are at the moment.

https://youtu.be/dMlZNKjQpMo

Fair point. Sorry.

I'm comments were entirely related to the OP's original question and then what subsequently happened here.

I should have made my comment in a separate post and not in a response to yours.

All good. Thanks for the reply.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Haveme1or2, I see you still looking in. In case you haven't figured it out, I haven't revoked your posting rights.

You can stay if you like.

Normally, at a point such as this with a member, I would say that I hope we understand each other, and I would say this as a way of making clear that this is a boundary they should avoid. But, it would be pointless to say that to you, because it's apparent we do not understand each other, and that will be much more of a problem for you than it will be for me.

And if this isn't acceptable to you, all you have to do is speak up and then I'll tend to it.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't sifted through all the thread drama, but to answer the question in the title, Yes!

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
...'til hell freezes over? No way man, mine are long term.

Posts: 6404 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say I certainly am grumpier now than when I was a kid or young adult. It's not normally obvious, but when I'm on the phone with one of my brothers, I laugh and joke around like I'm 16 again. That contrasts with how glum I am day-to-day.

Like the meme says, though - It's not that I changed a lot. It's that a lot changed me.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post