SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any members stationed at Fort Bragg or live in Fayetteville?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any members stationed at Fort Bragg or live in Fayetteville? Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
Or know of an FFL there who would be willing to store a firearm for me?

I have some training to attend at Fort Bragg. I do not want to drive there without a firearm for defense on the road.

E-mail is in my profile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Edmond,

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Don't live there but did some TDY there in the 1970s. Very invigorating to be a USAF Captain walking around with hundreds of young Army troops passing by, saluting, and yelling "All the way, Sir!" (I was careful to return every salute, with a smile and a "Good Morning!"--saluting is an event of mutual respect.)

The staff at Fort Bragg was always very helpful to my small group, there to perform radar placement for big exercises. I have great respect and fondness for the Army personnel.

Are you active duty Army? Thank you for your service!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Still looking

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My son's been stationed there for the last six years. I'll check to see if he has an email. He's not the most reliable when it comes to communications.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My son's been stationed there for the last six years. I'll check to see if he has an email. He's not the most reliable when it comes to communications.

E-mail sent.

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
i will Admit i have no Knowledge on the Subject
But at the Law Enforcement Acadamy we could check our Weapons in at the armory can you not do that for your stay and check it out when you leave?

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I believe I have finally found the question that no one on the forum has an answer to. Big Grin

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Called PMO at Bragg and they do not have storage unless I am stationed there.

posted Hide Post
What you going for? I know a few dr.s there. Hit me up on email. Use my civilian one.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
What you going for? I know a few dr.s there. Hit me up on email. Use my civilian one.

Email sent

posted Hide Post
Edmond, I sent you an email.

Posts: 53 | Location: Evans, GA/ Baltimore, MD | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
I spent many a tour at Bragg.

Just wondering why you cannot check your weapon with your company level armorer?

I'll ask around tomorrow ... one or two of the guys whom retired there will have an answer.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:

Just wondering why you cannot check your weapon with your company level armorer?
Four posts above yours, he states that he called and was informed that this is only for personnel who are stationed there. He is just going for a training course, a week or two, so he is not eligible for storing in in the armory.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Called PMO at Bragg and they do not have storage unless I am stationed there.

Alright so, according to a retired CSM buddy of mine you go to Jim's ....

Jim's Gunshop
4632 Yadkin Rd
Fayetteville, NC 28303

Phone: 910.864.2270

They'll assign you a secure locker in their secure range area, give you the key, $10 a month. Bring a copy of your orders and ID.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
That used to be Jim's Pawn Shop...
I wish I had a dime for every dollar I spent in that place when I was stationed at Bragg. Roll Eyes
Bought my first AR there in 1978- a Colt CAR-15 sporter.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
I wish I had a dime for every dollar I spent in that place when I was stationed at Bragg. Roll Eyes

So I was on Ardennes back in those days ... which Regiment were you with?

Yeah, I remembered it as Jim's Pawn Shop too but Dave said someone bought it some years ago, added a range and today it's a really nice place.

Last time I was in Fayettenam Yadkin was cleaned-up quite a bit. Haye Street was beautified some years ago now ... nothing like the days when you and I first arrived there. Rick's Lounge, Siam Club, all of those are gone somewhere else now ... Haye Street is respectable.

I'll be up there for a reunion in May.

posted Hide Post
Ricks lounge brinks back some memories.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:

So I was on Ardennes back in those days ... which Regiment were you with?

Yeah, I remembered it as Jim's Pawn Shop too but Dave said someone bought it some years ago, added a range and today it's a really nice place.

Last time I was in Fayettenam Yadkin was cleaned-up quite a bit. Haye Street was beautified some years ago now ... nothing like the days when you and I first arrived there. Rick's Lounge, Siam Club, all of those are gone somewhere else now ... Haye Street is respectable.

I'll be up there for a reunion in May.

No Regiment for me... I was in the Division MP Co.

Usually assigned to the Security Platoon (Div HQ) but when they let us do extra Selective High Intensity Training (like JOTC in Panama, or Arctic Warfare Training at Ft Wainwright AK) I invariably ended up with 2/508.

Spent a lot of time on Hay Street, in uniform, on duty, working with the Fayetteville PD. Policing up GI's, and hopefully keeping them out of the clutches of local LE.

Hope we didn't have occasion to meet up thataway... Big Grin

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post