SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm so excited!! - About going to the range.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm so excited!! - About going to the range. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Loading your magazines at home is good advice as long as the range policy doesn't do an ammo inspection before you're allowed to shoot. My range inspects ammo on a random basis and I've seen a lot of shooters unloading mags at the counter. What a cluster.

Posts: 945 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Yes, there are ranges that charge per gun. Some even charge per gun and per hour.

How can they possibly justify that? What cost is there to them if I bring two of my own guns and want to shoot both of them while I'm there? I'm still only using one lane, and I've paid for the time. Is this some kind of hoity-toity yuppie place that cleans your guns for you when you're done shooting or something, lol? Sounds like big city bullshit to me.

Stuff like this makes me very grateful for the glorified gravel pit that is my local gun club. I'd happily pay 5x what they charge annually to be able to shoot what I want, when I want, and how I want (with a few reasonable safety rules and restrictions). I can shoot my own ammo, pick up any brass that I find, and do my own thing. Heck, they're even cool with us using magnum cases for standard velocity reloads on the indoor bays that have "no magnum" restrictions to save the backstop. It's nice to be in a place run by adults with members who can be trusted to act like adults.

Posts: 8728 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post