SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    White House officials: Mueller pursued FBI director post in 2017, contrary to sworn testimony
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White House officials: Mueller pursued FBI director post in 2017, contrary to sworn testimony Login/Join 
posted
https://www.washingtonexaminer...y-to-sworn-testimony

October 08, 2019 07:26 PM

Several White House officials have confirmed President Trump's assertion that former special counsel Robert Mueller was hoping to become the director of the FBI when he first met with Trump in 2017.

Mueller was seeking the top job at the FBI when Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein approached him to become special counsel, administrative officials told Fox News. Mueller denied that he was pursuing the job under oath during testimony before Congress.

"My understanding was I was not applying for the job,” Mueller testified on July 24. “I was asked to give my input on what it would take to do the job."

"It has been reported that Robert Mueller is saying that he did not apply and interview for the job of FBI Director (and get turned down) the day before he was wrongfully appointed Special Counsel," Trump tweeted the day of Robert Mueller's congressional testimony on the summary of his two-year investigation. "Hope he doesn’t say that under oath in that we have numerous witnesses to the interview, including the Vice President of the United States!"

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· Jul 24, 2019

It has been reported that Robert Mueller is saying that he did not apply and interview for the job of FBI Director (and get turned down) the day before he was wrongfully appointed Special Counsel. Hope he doesn’t say that under oath in that we have numerous witnesses to the...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....interview, including the Vice President of the United States!
8:18 AM - Jul 24, 2019

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The deep statists will sweep this away while the left rabidly screeches for impeachment.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post