SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friendship and $$$ decisions
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friendship and $$$ decisions Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
He is a friend. But when it comes to gun deals he is strictly business. I have gone out of the way to give him good deals on my sales to him. It is reaching the point where I feel like I am getting bent over. I have never gotten a "deal" from this chap, always market value. So I guess that is why I feel I will not continue to feel like I am being used. Thank you for the advice.
Everything after what I put in bold, directly contradicts what is in bold.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If I were OP, I wouldn't call this guy a "friend". He's just an acquaintance I deal guns with. Sure, you guys share common interest in gun types whatever, but that's about it, from the info provided so far. So, in other words, screw him, I say. Smile

Q

Posts: 27495 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'd offer them to him at a discount to the market price.

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like a one way street to me. I would be them on Gun Broker and be done with it.

Posts: 11878 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
it's your gun

not his

If there was no agreement that you would offer him first shot at it IF you sell it in the future, then he needs to STFU

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11455 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Lend him $20.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
He is a friend. But when it comes to gun deals he is strictly business. I have gone out of the way to give him good deals on my sales to him. It is reaching the point where I feel like I am getting bent over. I have never gotten a "deal" from this chap, always market value. So I guess that is why I feel I will not continue to feel like I am being used. Thank you for the advice.

As should be you, strictly business.

Posts: 3263 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if your relationship over the years was deals both ways that would be one thing. But if it's you cutting him a deal while he always charges you market price, forget that dude.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sell for the profit yourself.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My best friend and do this occasionally, he has said to me "hey, this one stays in the family" and I have done the same.

But if I were in a tight spot and had to sell he would either pay real value or understand that I had to sell it....and I would do the same.

But he is a real friend

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
First Suggestion - KARMA... Smile

If you value the friendship, quit buying and selling to each other. It only leads to these types of issues.

For these pieces, keep them. If you need the money badly, put them up for sale on the Forum and tell him another friend wanted them for their collection.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post