SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter receiving Army Commendation Medal
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter receiving Army Commendation Medal Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
My youngest daughter is an Army Reservist Combat Medic, currently in Germany on a short term training exercise. There was a accident during training and she saved an American soldier's life who was not otherwise going to survive, and as a result will be receiving the Army Commendation Medal. My understanding is other Medics were not knowledgeable enough to handle it, but my daughter was able to step in and stabilize this soldier until they transported him to an emergency care MD. Her regular day job is a full time Paramedic for Currituck County NC, and has received similar awards from her Fire Department and local emergency room physicians for similar exploits. She has a knack for interpreting medical electronic live data and combining that information with advanced life saving drugs during pulmonary and cardiac emergencies.

I looked it up and here's the description for this award in non-combat theaters:

"The commendation is generally awarded for sustained acts of heroism or meritorious service. It's usually granted to U.S. Army personnel that are not general officers."

We all have great kids doing impressive things, but this is pretty special for me, being a big supporter of all our US Soldiers.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, your daughter sounds like an amazing person and true hero. You have every right to be proud. Please thank her for her service.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job !

Posts: 4069 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to her! Quick and accurate thinking.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38720 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Good for her!!!

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
THAT.IS.AWESOME! Congrats to your Daughter, and her proud Father as well. Smile

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8949 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very good! Congratulations to her for taking on the challenge and succeeding

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!
You should be very proud!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. You have every right to walk tall and proud. Tell her to keep up the great work!!!!!

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wrightd, that is just fabulous. As a physician I have always felt that paramedics and EMT’s never got the respect—and pay—they deserved. At least in this case, your daughter, of whom you are correctly very proud, has been recognized for her extraordinary skill. Let that be a motivator to her to rise as far as she wants to in the health care field.

Congratulations, and God bless you both!

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My eldest was a "Devil Doc" Navy Corpsman serving with the Marines and later an EMT. They're value to those in need and the continuing education they pursue is a testament to their dedication.

Congrats to your daughter.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Nice! Job well done.

Posts: 11009 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I know you must be very proud Dad right about now.

Posts: 1828 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Silent

Posts: 1028 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and congratulations to her. You have every right to be proud.

Posts: 107720 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your daughter! Well deserved

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your daughter and to the proud dad

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations are in order to your daughter, and to you as well.

Posts: 520 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saving a person from death is no small thing. Those individuals that can keep calm in a life-or-death situation, are incredible. Congratulations to you for raising such a good person, and congrats to her for saving a life as well as being officially recognized.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Ok that's awesome!!! I'm having a proud moment for her, and I'm glad her civilian skills enabled her to save a life!

Military awards are always worthy of praise!

Posts: 1991 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post