SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone here Yelp?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone here Yelp? Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I'm distrustful of Yelp, I've seen too many locals propping up a place, leaves me wondering if they're friends/relatives.

When we travel I use TripAdvisor, it's been good most of the time. I leave reviews, truthful reviews.

I call the shill reviews.
Employees reviewing where they work.
I call them out.

Tate House
Bed & Breakfast
61 Marble Masion Ln
Tate, GA 30177
1.0 star rating 12/18/2017

Most disorganized mess I've witnessed.
First after being rescheduled from dinner because of snow, to a lunch which costs less but I have no idea if they changed what they charged me until my statement comes in, we left over the less than stellar menu.
If my wife had known what the menu was, she would have cancelled the reservation. There's no way of knowing what very limited cafeteria food they are serving. I cook better than this at home.
After finally being called into seating, a hostess seated us at a table with no spaces left to sit. Go figure. It's simple math. X number of chairs sit X number of guests.
"Would you like me to bring you a chair?"
Umm, no, I'll just stand here.(yep I really said that)
After being taken to an open table I saw the horror that was the "buffet".
Fried chicken. A poorly prepared "panko fried chicken". More like Shake 'n' Bake. When I informed the hostess that my wife does not eat fried chicken she said "well it's really not fried". Really? Fried chicken that's not fried? They offered to make her a plain one. Really. Just one? How generous for my $90.(remember this was originally a DINNER menu)
So we asked for a refund and left. Do I want to get HALF back and tour the house? Wait, we are now STARVING. Logic defies the management.
I can't WAIT to see if I actually get a refund.
Any review above 2 stars has to be an employee shill.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
When we travel I use TripAdvisor, it's been good most of the time. I leave reviews, truthful reviews.

TripAdvisor is the biggest source of friends/relatives postings. Because it's utilized by a larger portion of the world than Yelp, it's the symbol of the mantra be cautious of reviews regarding user generated content.

These sites are useful, provided they're not the sole source of information.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S.C. email sent.

Anyone interested in seeing my yelps,
I will send you mine if you send me yours

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yours are MUCH kinder than mine are!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
S.C. email sent.

Anyone interested in seeing my yelps,
I will send you mine if you send me yours

Hmmm. Haven't seen it.

Here's my profile.
https://www.yelp.com/user_deta...0Bvt9NCFMTTP9DPaC7wA

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Don’t yelp but have been known to piss and moan a good bit.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post