SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another middle age milestone reached!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another middle age milestone reached!!! Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Woke up at 1am to agonizing pain in lower back and side. Freaked out since it wouldn't quit, bad enough to make me retch. Drove myself to the ER.

You guessed it. Kidney stone. Lil fella, 3mm. I'm gonna call him Morris.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Morris is a bad idea. That cat had 9 lives.

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess congrats to the new member of the family.
Hope it goes smooth. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Haha
Nice little starter stone!
My biggest was over 8mm
They went in roto-rooter style and got that one, not fun
I feel your pain, literally

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2935 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that bad boy. I've had two kidney stones in my life, and I can tell you, they were the most painful things I've ever experienced.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I had one about 12 years ago, have been drinking lemon water since. Did it stop others from forming? Don't know

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Been there twice, Allen. I feel your pain.
Cutting down/back on soda (diet and regular) and drinking more water was my "prescription".
My two stones came 15 years apart.

Posts: 3860 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
"Milestone" Let's hope not.

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

Two time 'winner' here, my self. Roll Eyes The first one seemingly vanished/broke up with medication and the second one, ( almost to the day one year later, ) had to have the doc zap it with the laser cannon. Having the nurse pull the tube out of me a few days later was... interesting.

I cut way back on energy drinks, salt, etc, then replaced the energy drinks with water throughout the day.
Water with either lemon or lime juice once a day or so. No more stones coming up on four years now.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish mine would have waited till middle age.
I had them when I was in my 20's.

One I passed and the rest I had broken up by the water immersion method.

It all sucks.

I need to start drinking more water and lay off the coffee. I have been telling myself that for 20 years.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences.....they are the devil

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Ugh.... glad you passed “Morris” more or less ok. Hoping my body will choose to not participate in that particular right of middle age passage.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm? Back in 1980 I had to have one surgically removed! 11" incision on my left side. Lithotripsy was a total failure! Never want to go thru that again.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Haven't passed him yet. I think. I'm loaded to the gills on Motrin right now. Saving the heavy prescription stuff for night if it gets bad again. Hard to believe such a little thing can hurt so much!!

I already drink a lot of water. Probably still not up to standard but still....not an energy drink or soda (much anyway) drinker. I do have 16 oz of black coffee daily. Don't tell me I need to give that up!

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
3mm isn't exactly a milestone. Big Grin

Posts: 11610 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
My record that I was able to pass. Thats a 45ACP for reference.

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
JESUS! You guys are tough.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
3mm isn't exactly a milestone. Big Grin

A woman I know told me the first one always seems bigger than it really is. Big Grin

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
That one in the picture is smooth! Those aren't nearly as much fun as the "devil balls" with spikes sticking out in all directions. I'm not convinced the size is as important as the surface.

I had one in law school. I was taking a leak and suddenly I was on the floor, screaming in pain. Then I passed out. I was later told I'd been pissing blood. And I'd been a good boy, as in newly wed. Luckily, I had a squad come and get me and transport me down the road to the hospital. Other things I remember (its been nearly 50 years now) was the lack of pain medicine they gave me. Said they weren't sure it was a stone and it might interfere with any surgery I might need.

The next one was also fun. My wife took me to the ER, again in severe pain. But after the first one, you know what it is, even if trained medical staff doesn't. They kind of took my advice and took pix. Wasting lots of time on too many pix and waiting forever to take the "flat plate", whatever that is, that tens to show mine well.

But then the friendly stone stopped moving, or tearing its way along between my kidney and bladder. So I was exhausted, as being in that much pain will do to you. So I took a nap in the ER, Then the fool drug pusher wakes me up to give me a strong pain shot. More trouble as I told him I didn't want it. He told me that I had no choice, he'd already "charted" it. OH boy, I was in a pissy mood and ready for a good fight. Besides, he was small and in my mood, I was sure I could take him. He ran out to get help. So in comes the doc on duty asking what the trouble was. So I explained that he should save the meds for when I needed them. My logic was it would be wearing off and they wouldn't give me the shot when I needed it. He actually agreed with me and they "uncharted" it. Smile Then left a note that I could have it when I needed it. The only hospital experience I ever had that made good sense to me.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I already drink a lot of water. Probably still not up to standard but still....not an energy drink or soda (much anyway) drinker. I do have 16 oz of black coffee daily. Don't tell me I need to give that up!

Do you drink a lot of iced tea? That can be a contributor. The South is the Kidney Stone Belt.

Posts: 2691 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post