SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Syncing gmail calendar with iphone calendar.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Syncing gmail calendar with iphone calendar. Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
So I have tried all kinds of things here including the how to's on the net but I'm missing something.

I use gmail calendar on my computer and the Apple calendar app on my phone. Yes I know I can use the google calendar app but want to continue to use the apple one on my iphone.

If I add something to my google calendar on my computer it shows up on my iphone. If I add on my iPhone it will not show up on my computer.

What am I missing?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16374 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue. I could get my iPad to sync up with Google, but it never worked on my iPhone. I finally gave up, dumped Apple calendar on my phone, and installed th google calendar app.....I know, it's not the answer you wanted, but after weeks of fighting with my phone, I gave up.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Might be a default account/calendar issue. If you're not writing to the same calendar account, then it could be on your phone but not show up on your computer.

I view 5 different calendars on my phone, but only write to the default when I create new events.

Take a look at Settings>Calendar>Default Calendar and make sure your default calendar is the same account your want to see on you computer.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post