SIGforum
Need More Prayers - Dad Had a Heart Attack ***UPDATE***

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6140012024

February 28, 2017, 10:57 PM
2012BOSS302
Need More Prayers - Dad Had a Heart Attack ***UPDATE***
Recovery prayers for your Dad.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
February 28, 2017, 11:23 PM
10X-Shooter
Sent up.
February 28, 2017, 11:25 PM
deepocean
Your father and your family are in our prayers.
March 01, 2017, 12:01 AM
Mike S
You and your family are in my prayers.
March 01, 2017, 12:18 AM
sjtill
SIG4EVA, it sounds to me as if your Dad got to the hospital quickly, had rapid stenting of a major vessel, probably the left anterior descending (LAD) artery, and so far has had no complications and is doing well.
Fortunately cardiology has made enormous progress since I trained in the 80's. Your Dad will now need to be on medications for what we call "secondary prevention"--reducing the risk of future blockage. It will be crucial that he follows his cardiologist's advice on medication, and also on diet and exercise. He might have some recurrence in the future, but if he is like the great majority of my patients of the past decade, he will do very well and live years more of a healthy life.
Our prayers go out to you and your family during this scary time. Give thanks for good doctors and all those who work with them to keep our families alive and well.

March 01, 2017, 01:05 AM
18DAI
Prayers for you and your family SIG4EVA. Met your Father Saturday. Fine man.

I will continue to pray for him and keep a good thought. Best regards, 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change
March 01, 2017, 01:32 AM
wildheartedson0105
You got it, brother. May He heal your dad, and provide comfort to you all.

Don't back up, don't back down.
March 01, 2017, 04:53 AM
arfmel
You guys are in my prayers.
March 01, 2017, 06:30 AM
manic mechanic
Lifting

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"

March 01, 2017, 06:37 AM
Bisleyblackhawk
Thoughts and prayers for you, your dad and family for healing and strength...sometimes things seem to come in waves and it's easy to get bowled over...just hang in there, things will get better.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
March 01, 2017, 09:27 PM
vinnybass
I'm praying for you all.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
March 01, 2017, 11:11 PM
divil
Done.
March 06, 2017, 10:38 AM
SIG4EVA
Update 3/6/17: I finally got to visit my Dad last night. He got moved to Step Down and seems pretty normal now. He is walking around a bit but fighting with fluid in his lungs. They said more than likely its from laying down instead of congestive heart failure. He's cracking jokes and we watched The Walking Dead together which was fun. I believe the prayers worked and he is still with us. Thank you again my family really appreciates it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
March 06, 2017, 10:50 AM
Jimbo54
I'm really glad to here he's doing well. He's very lucky.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
March 06, 2017, 10:51 AM
BGULL
All our prayers for your Dad and the family....

Bill Gullette
March 06, 2017, 11:36 AM
just1tym
Continued prayer for Sheldon and yourself in recovery! Glad to hear he's doing better now.

Regards, Will G.
March 06, 2017, 11:39 AM
jhe888
Best to you and your dad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
March 06, 2017, 11:42 AM
nhtagmember
best wishes for a very speedy recovery

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

March 12, 2017, 12:34 AM
Cobra21
SIG4, My "heartfelt" sympathy for you and your family. That is probably scarier for you all than it was for your dad. I know my wife and boys were pretty panicked over it.

I am 57 yo and 7 years post MI LAD (WIDOW MAKER). I too had a cardiac stent and am doing well now. There is every likelihood that pops is gonna' be just fine.

Godspeed for his recovery...

Risk the consequences of honesty...