SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need More Prayers - Dad Had a Heart Attack ***UPDATE***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need More Prayers - Dad Had a Heart Attack ***UPDATE*** Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
Update 3/6/17: I finally got to visit my Dad last night. He got moved to Step Down and seems pretty normal now. He is walking around a bit but fighting with fluid in his lungs. They said more than likely its from laying down instead of congestive heart failure. He's cracking jokes and we watching The Walking Dead together which was fun. I believe the prayers worked and he is still with us. Thank you again my family really appreciates it.

I honestly have no idea why everything is happening in such a short time. Got a call at 1AM last night that my dad was having a heart attack. Thank God, they knew the symptoms and acted immediately. Mom gave him low dose of aspirin and the ambulance showed up in 10 minutes. It was a 99% blockage of a main artery. (the doctor called it the Widow Maker) Since they acted so quick, they were able to put in 2 stints and he is currently recovering and still in ICU.

Please pray for my dad, Sheldon Steele, and for a swift recovery and health for our family. I'm hoping this is the last thing for a long time.

PS: I am recovering pretty quickly from the appendectomy. I'm currently in Chicago for a trade show but headed home. Sore but at least able to handle it.
----------------------------------------------
He was touch and go this morning after a rough night. One of the stents they put in the artery was blocked but they just expanded it with a longer stent to hopefully prevent that from happening again. The nurse is saying that he might not need a bypass surgery so we are hoping he will be OK.

Thank you again for the prayers and encouraging words. We really need them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Done, prayers coming your way Sheldon and Godspeed on a great recovery..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Sounds scary. Hope your Dad had minimal or hopefully zero muscle loss.

Blocked LAD artery can be the one where the first symptom is a faceplant.

ETA: May or may not do any good but I will put in a word with The Big Guy upstairs.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Prayers ... and a speedy recovery for you both.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family!

Posts: 671 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
It was a 99% blockage of a main artery. (the doctor called it the Widow Maker)

It's an interesting thing, but, you can have that artery quite thoroughly blocked and feel fine... until you don't.

I was experiencing symptoms that my Dr. agreed sounded a lot like a "heart episode." He wanted me to go to Emergency like RIGHT NOW! "But doc, I work out up to five-times-a-week. I do high-intensity interval training." He related how a patient half my age, that played pickup ice hockey three times a week (that's very cardio-intensive), in a routine checkup was discovered to have an 85% blockage of the widow-maker.

I went. (It turned out to be nothing.)

Hope your dad recovers well, SIG4EVA.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
My prayers go out to you and your dad.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family.

Hang in there.

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent. Glad your mother was there and acted quickly. Possibly saving his life.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Done. Sounds like a lucky guy to have caught it at a good time.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thinking on the part of your Mom. Hope he has a full recovery.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you and your dad.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers sent.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
Wishing for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Added to the list.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I know what you are going through. My dad recently had a craniotomy for a subdural hematoma. Best of wishes. The forum has really had a lot of health problems the last few weeks. Frown

Posts: 12575 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My Prayers for you and your family

Posts: 13047 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post