SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need More Prayers - Dad Had a Heart Attack ***UPDATE***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need More Prayers - Dad Had a Heart Attack ***UPDATE*** Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Recovery prayers for your Dad.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sent up.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Your father and your family are in our prayers.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
You and your family are in my prayers.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
SIG4EVA, it sounds to me as if your Dad got to the hospital quickly, had rapid stenting of a major vessel, probably the left anterior descending (LAD) artery, and so far has had no complications and is doing well.
Fortunately cardiology has made enormous progress since I trained in the 80's. Your Dad will now need to be on medications for what we call "secondary prevention"--reducing the risk of future blockage. It will be crucial that he follows his cardiologist's advice on medication, and also on diet and exercise. He might have some recurrence in the future, but if he is like the great majority of my patients of the past decade, he will do very well and live years more of a healthy life.
Our prayers go out to you and your family during this scary time. Give thanks for good doctors and all those who work with them to keep our families alive and well.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family SIG4EVA. Met your Father Saturday. Fine man.

I will continue to pray for him and keep a good thought. Best regards, 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
You got it, brother. May He heal your dad, and provide comfort to you all.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You guys are in my prayers.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lifting

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"

Posts: 1853 | Location: in the mitt down the river | Registered: August 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for you, your dad and family for healing and strength...sometimes things seem to come in waves and it's easy to get bowled over...just hang in there, things will get better.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm praying for you all.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 3158 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Update 3/6/17: I finally got to visit my Dad last night. He got moved to Step Down and seems pretty normal now. He is walking around a bit but fighting with fluid in his lungs. They said more than likely its from laying down instead of congestive heart failure. He's cracking jokes and we watched The Walking Dead together which was fun. I believe the prayers worked and he is still with us. Thank you again my family really appreciates it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad to here he's doing well. He's very lucky.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our prayers for your Dad and the family....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Continued prayer for Sheldon and yourself in recovery! Glad to hear he's doing better now.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best to you and your dad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
best wishes for a very speedy recovery

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53218 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
SIG4, My "heartfelt" sympathy for you and your family. That is probably scarier for you all than it was for your dad. I know my wife and boys were pretty panicked over it.

I am 57 yo and 7 years post MI LAD (WIDOW MAKER). I too had a cardiac stent and am doing well now. There is every likelihood that pops is gonna' be just fine.

Godspeed for his recovery...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post