SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone ever use Senderbase to resolve a 554 email error? Or any other source? **KUDOS to sigmonkey!**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever use Senderbase to resolve a 554 email error? Or any other source? **KUDOS to sigmonkey!** Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Friend is getting this when trying to email me from his Comcast account. Just developed. No issues in the past. No issues with his gmail or other accounts getting through.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 mdc-ibgw-5001a.ext.cloudfilter.net
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently. Reason: Permanent Error

No one else is having any difficulties reaching me.

How to we figure out what the cause of the problem is?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Email me his email domain and let me check a few things.

Reverse DNS lookup, SPF and some other things not set up correctly may result in bounced mail by servers that are "more strict" in verification of sending server (SMTP server).

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Email me his email domain and let me check a few things.

Thank you. Email sent.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey,

Really grateful for the time and effort you're expending here. It is truly appreciated!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Again a tip of the hat to sigmonkey for his extraordinary assistance. He identified the security system that was generating this 554 error and culled the requisite email header information for us that has been sent to the ISP tech wizards. They expect to have this resolved shortly.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Impressive.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12113 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
In a little over 2 hours the tech gurus solved the issue and test messages confirmed all is well now! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Happy to help. Smile

Given email has pretty much functioned the same for 40 years, it would be nice if people did not have to fight to stop SPAM and fight to get legit messages delivered.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post