SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spray in bed liners,Inside a van?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spray in bed liners,Inside a van? Login/Join 
posted
Jake got a really good deal on a chevy cargo van , full sized.

he is considering a spray in bed liner , to prevent stuff from sliding all too and fro.

Is there a concern about fumes that the liner may emit ? in the enclosed area?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54668 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always use plastic protecion in the enclosed area to prevent noxious fumes.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and it takes several weeks to disburse, if I remember. Have your friend check the website of the liner manufacturer for precautions, since I haven't actually looked at this for about 10 years.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9162 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I had seen a guy on the beach surf fishing that had the entire back inside of a suburban (from back of front seats to tailgate) done in a Rhino liner. I didn't ask about fumes. He only used the truck to get out to the beach to fish and would hose it out when he got home. It was an older truck so it's not like he was ruining a nice vehicle.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I did Line-X on the floor of an 85 Suburban. Put Dynamat on the doors and sides then replaced the carpet and reinstalled the seats.

Sounded solid as a rock and made for a excellent stereo.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Back in the 90s the company I worked for did our vans in Rhino liner.
I did not remember any fumes. It was a long time ago.
If he is not sure he should talk to the manufacture of the spray liner to find out if there are any concerns.
I do not remember how long after the bed liner was done we got the vans.
I can tell you the stuff they used was tough. It took a lot of abuse and held up great.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple of truck beds done Line-X, there was an odor for about two days then nothing. I would do the van when the weather is nice and keep the windows open to air out while it's curing.
Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

This.

Couple few days to cure and you’re good to go. Mine is line-x.

Quite a few number of jeepers also do this on their builds.

0:01

Posts: 4213 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be an issue. A lot of fire truck manufacturers are using it in the cabs of custom fire chassis apparatus these days.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Farm stores like Rural King sell 4'x6' hard rubber horse stall mats that stuff won't slide around on.

Posts: 4699 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks , I will let him know

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54668 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post