SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ouch - fell out of bed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ouch - fell out of bed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After a marathon run of viewing of Homicide Hunter, Joe Kenda. In my dream, I kicked open a door and just kept on going ‘til I hit the floor.
Took me a sec to figure WTF!

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
As a young Marine, I once had the top rack in the squad bay. After a particularly hard night of partying, I came back and managed to crawl up into my rack. When I woke in the morning at revelry, I knew I had one hell of a hangover, I was sore all over. I opened my eyes to find myself on the floor! Sometime in the night, I apparently rolled over and fell out. Must have landed completely horizontal on my side, as my leg, hip, and shoulder hurt pretty bad, I never even woke up. Luckily I had no serious injuries, which I can only attribute to God watching over drunks.

Posts: 13683 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
These freak accidents can sometimes kill you. A few years ago, a friend/co-worker fell out of bed and broke her neck and became a quadriplegic. She passed away later due to complications related to her condition. A nicest human being, too. Frown

Q

Posts: 26521 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Yipes!! Pool noodle at the edge is sounding like a good idea.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12763 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Yipes!! Pool noodle at the edge is sounding like a good idea.

In a pinch a towel rolled up to roughly the same diameter works, like when traveling.

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an experience similar to the one Warhorse had, I also went to bed slightly shit faced. During the night, I rolled out of bed and wound up on the floor, between the bed and the wall. In a space about a foot or so wide. I was lying on my right side with my arm pinned under me. I had a hell of a time getting myself out from between the wall and the bed. Sobered me right up and I was sore for days afterward.
I now make sure there is plenty of space around the bed in case I roll out again. I too tuck in one side of the sheet now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I frequently wake up with one dog snuggled on one side of me and the other dog on the other side. Both are good sized dogs, 105 and 85 lbs. They like to lay right up against me, so I usually look like a mummy in a sarcophagus. I'm also slightly claustrophobic, so it sometimes freaks me out and I wind up screaming at the dogs to get off the bed so I can move again. But I don't have to worry about rolling out of bed.

Posts: 7276 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
As a young Marine, I once had the top rack in the squad bay. After a particularly hard night of partying, I came back and managed to crawl up into my rack. When I woke in the morning at revelry, I knew I had one hell of a hangover, I was sore all over. I opened my eyes to find myself on the floor! Sometime in the night, I apparently rolled over and fell out. Must have landed completely horizontal on my side, as my leg, hip, and shoulder hurt pretty bad, I never even woke up. Luckily I had no serious injuries, which I can only attribute to God watching over drunks.

When I was in sixth grade, we had a retired US Army officer for a teacher. He was a young guy, probably late 20's, early 30's. Mr. DeRosiers, from Canada. He'd just fought the first Gulf War. Great teacher, good guy. One day, someone asked him if any of his soldiers died in Iraq, and at first he said "no" and then, he seemed to think on it a second and he said "there was one. He rolled out of the top bunk a night or so after the Iraqi's gave up. He hit his head on the floor and he died right there." I felt bad for Mr. DesRosriers, for being asked that by children who couldn't comprehend, and for him feeling like to had to relate it anyway. It made an impact.

I need to see if I can look him up. That man made an impression on me and I need to thank him.

Posts: 17229 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Expert308, does it get cold enough in Oregon to have a 3 dog night? Ours is only a 15 lb’er but she puts out the heat. I can’t imagine the heat that 2 big ones put out.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Falling out of bed can be very dangerous. In 2018, most of that year my docs were trying to diagnose my neurological disorder, even telling me they pretty much believed I had Parkinson's Disease.

One of the many symptoms is acting out your dreams. Other than all of the other terrible symptoms, not getting a restful night's sleep and the probability of regularly falling out of bed caused me GREAT anxiety. I'm grateful to God that my docs were wrong.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1183 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I remember dreaming that I was doing a take down maneuver (standing leg sweep) on a bad guy. We both fell to the ground. That's when I woke up, bleeding and in pain. I usually don't dream.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12763 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Expert308, does it get cold enough in Oregon to have a 3 dog night? Ours is only a 15 lb’er but she puts out the heat. I can’t imagine the heat that 2 big ones put out.

Depends on who you ask. I prefer a cooler temp in the bedroom than a lot of people. My roommate considers what I call comfortable to be freezing. I generally have the bedroom window open at night unless it's warmer outside than inside in the summer/fall, and then I generally have to run the AC at night. The dogs more than make up for the lower temperature. Sometimes they generate so much heat that I start to sweat and have to make them get off the bed.

Me in my recliner with the boys...

Posts: 7276 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, BIG boys!! Like McGruff, “they’d take a bite out of crime.” More like chunks!

posted Hide Post
As konata88 states, I have occasionally acted parts of dreams involving physical activity. I have fallen out of bed twice either in kicking or running. Fortunately, no injuries other than a bruise. It is truly a rude awakening!

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post