SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone heard from Bigboreshooter?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone heard from Bigboreshooter? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBore'sDaughter:
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
quote:
Originally posted by BigBore'sDaughter: I honestly don't know much about this forum, so I don't know if you can directly message me on here or not. If you can and want to send something, message me, and I'll give you my email. If you can't, someone just reply to this and let me know, and I'll post it on the thread.

There is no private message function here. Share your email in the profile you created. It is only visible to members. See Para's note below

Sharing your email within the thread could result in spam.

While it might not be of interest at this time, please feel free to check in, learn more about this little corner of the internet where your father spent time. I am sure there are many here who would reminisce with you or offer to lend an ear should you need it.

I am sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

edited to add strike through and italics

And y'all can certainly post your thoughts about him on here if you're wanting to say something. I'm monitoring it daily.

It's gratifying to know that. I'll echo ffips' invitation. We'd be honored if you'd stay awhile. We're not such a bad group once yo get to know us. I like to think we are like your daddy in many ways. Over the years as is the way of life, we've lost some much loved/admired members. It still stings when I think of them. Your father will be long and fondly remembered here.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
BB’s daughter, and your sisters, and the rest of your family and his friends, please accept my condolences for your loss. I hope you find comfort in your loss with the love and friendship displayed here. While I wasn’t able to meet your dad in person, he always either educated or amused me with his posts here, and even though I read far more than I interact with anyone in the forum, he held a high place of respect and regard with me. I’m saddened to hear of his passing, but I am glad that any suffering he felt has been relieved. God bless and Godspeed, BBS.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, and may your family find comfort in this difficult time.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Phillip. My deepest condolences to his Family and friends.

Tony

Posts: 316 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I don't know what else can be said. There are 20 pages of people, many that never met your dad, saying prayers and offering condolences. There is a reason for this. Your dad was a kind, knowledgeable man that offered his advice and experience to folks here.

We would meet for lunch and he would ask about us and when we ask about him, he would say he was alright and then talk about his family. It was obvious that his family was what mattered to him.
He would be the one that emailed everyone for lunch and he was the one that wanted to plan the Birmingham sigforum shoots. Even though he was as busy or busier than the rest of us, it was clear that he had a servants heart and took the reins in organizing those lunches and shoots. He had a huge impact on the forum and on our local group. I’m a better person for knowing him. I’m proud to call him a friend and I know there are many here that feel the same way. What a legacy to leave. Always putting family and friends first. Take comfort in knowing that he truly was one of the good guys.

Well done, good and faithful servant...Enter into the joy of your lord.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7961 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
I was sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for BBS and family.

Posts: 874 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
My condolences and prayers to BBS family and friends.

Posts: 3947 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
My condolences for BBS’s family. I enjoyed his posts on here and am sad to hear the news.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolences for your family that mourn BB’s passing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Prayers for BBS' family. RIP BBS. Frown

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. RIP.

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear. My condolences to Phillip’s family.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5167 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
My prayers and condolences for the family. Rest in Peace sir.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear of Phillip's passing. It's hard to put into words how to describe someone who you've never met face to face. Over the years of reading his many posts, and the occasional emails back and forth, all I can say is he was a loved and respected member of the family. My condolences to you and your whole family. May God keep you and Bless you during this time.

Posts: 2223 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss, prayers, may he rest in peace.
Spunk

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post