SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bed/mattress questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bed/mattress questions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Saatva: awesome product . Great materials. Constructed so that my wife doesn’t notice me tossing and turning. Great customer service . Reasonable price.

Posts: 88 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
I'm really starting to lean towards the Novaform Serafina Pearl in Medium firmness.

I'm thinking I'm going to buy cedar 1x6's to fit tightly in our bedframe to replace having a boxspring so that the 14" mattress sits lower.

I've been looking at this and it looks pretty interesting.

The fact that it's available from Costco is just frosting on the cake.

I'll have to consider if I want to reinforce the bedframe of just get one made for foam mattresses

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14252 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
I'm really starting to lean towards the Novaform Serafina Pearl in Medium firmness.

I'm thinking I'm going to buy cedar 1x6's to fit tightly in our bedframe to replace having a boxspring so that the 14" mattress sits lower.

I've been looking at this and it looks pretty interesting.

The fact that it's available from Costco is just frosting on the cake.

I'll have to consider if I want to reinforce the bedframe of just get one made for foam mattresses

My wife and I had a CalKing Tempurpedic from 2010-2017. My biggest complaints were that it slept hot and that the Tempurpedic brand base/platform/boxspring wore out and caused it to sag where we slept and have a high spot in the middle.

My most comfy mattress ever was a high-end Stearns and Foster queen that I bought back in 2006 as a floor model at a huge discount. I put it on an Ikea bed (the kind with the wooden slats). It was phenomenal.

I won't put a memory foam mattress on a boxspring again. Lesson learned. I'm going to use 1x6's this time around.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4253 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post