SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Truck transporting 100 monkeys crashes in Central PA, 4 monkeys on the loose
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Truck transporting 100 monkeys crashes in Central PA, 4 monkeys on the loose Login/Join 
posted
Now this is different. I guess the rescuers did not realize that the monkeys were going to a lab and not the capital.
VALLEY TOWNSHIP, MONTOUR COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A trailer carrying 100 monkeys collided with a dump truck off I-80 Friday, four monkeys have gone missing.

As of Saturday morning, one monkey is still unaccounted for. If anyone sees the monkey please do not try to catch it, call 911 and wait for the authorities.

According to State Police, the incident occurred around 3:30 p.m. on Route 54 off Interstate 80 when four monkeys got loose during the commotion of the crash.

Eyewitness News is working on getting confirmation if the monkeys have been captured.

PA Game Commission is looking for the missing monkeys in a wooded area with the assistance of a helicopter provided by the Pennsylvania State Police.

Pennsylvania State PoliceRead More »
Pennsylvania State PoliceRead More »

Pennsylvania State Police
Proposed legislation could allow drivers to pay PA Turnpike tolls with cell phone
When word got out that these three-pound monkeys were on the loose, the Allen family sprang into action.

“We just decided to come and try, see if we could find one,” said Nate Allen.

These Montoursville residents are animals lovers and drove half an hour to search the woods along Route 54 just off I-80.

That’s the spot where State Police and game wardens searched for the primates.

“I saw it on Facebook, and actually this started as kind of a family fun joke about just making an experience and going to try and save a monkey, so I actually brought a kennel, flashlights night vision goggles,” stated Allen.

The bitter cold did not deter their efforts to lend a hand.

“We were worried because my one friend is a state police officer and she’s like, you know, they can’t be out there that long! So we said oh no,” explained Elisa Allen.

Troopers on the scene stated that the monkeys weigh about three pounds. Route 54 was closed in both directions, however, as of 8:00 p.m., it reopened.

Officials are warning the public to keep their distance if they spot a monkey and to call 911. This is an ongoing story we will update you with the latest as the information is released.

link: https://wgntv.com/news/truck-t...-pa-4-loose-monkeys/

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Monkey season is open in PA!! No bag limits.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Some monkeys carry. Just sayin'...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Do you want an ebola outbreak? Because this is how you get an ebola outbreak.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Oh great, just what we need. A group of monkeys roving around Pensultucky. Pretty soon they'll teach themselves to ride horses and the next thing you know they'll be raising an army.

Then we're screwed.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I hope they didn't originally come from Wuhan China. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was involved in a loose monkey hunt once. Some jackass had one as a pet (a Chimpanzee) and it escaped his house. We called the Cincinnati Zoo for help and advice. They told us that Chimps are very dangerous, aggressive and capable of killing you.
End result: Monkey got plinked.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I was involved in a loose monkey hunt once. Some jackass had one as a pet (a Chimpanzee) and it escaped his house. We called the Cincinnati Zoo for help and advice. They told us that Chimps are very dangerous, aggressive and capable of killing you.

For anyone that has any doubts about this…

https://youtu.be/_9L7MugvoIE

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
loose monkey hunt

Great name for a Rockabilly/Psychobilly band!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

For anyone that has any doubts about this…

https://youtu.be/_9L7MugvoIE

I remember when that happened here in CT.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Similar story here with a big lizard that got loose from a nitwit owner and rampaged through our neighborhood. Animal Control wanted nothing to do with the problem and referred us to Fish and Game. Fish and Game was too busy to get to it anytime soon. Not a problem a Marlin 336 couldn't (and didn't) handle. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
The 911 call of the Chimpanzee attack was haunting. I had to close it.

Worked on a commercial years ago with Orangutans (one of them was “Clyde” from “Every Which Way But Loose”).

Had a very serious safety meeting about procedures. Told us someone thought it’d be cute to stick his finger in the cage. It got plucked off the guy’s hand like it was a grape.

Why anyone would keep a primate as a pet is beyond me.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The very best advice I ever got as a teenager, from my uncle:

"A smart monkey don't monkey with another monkey's monkey." Now, he MAY have been talking about a different kind of monkey, but I think it would apply her also - especially for me!

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Three little monkeys jumpin on a bed one fell off and bumped his head. Took him to the doctor and the doctor said thats what you get for jumpin on the bed. No more monkeys jumpin on the bed.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to State Police, the incident occurred around 3:30 p.m. on Route 54 off Interstate 80 when four monkeys got loose during the commotion of the crash.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Watch out, I hear they can be mean & bite.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah i saw this movie and it didn't end well

Eek

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
They appear harmless...

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not so. The other 96 were members of Congress.