SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Disposal time - Waste King?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Disposal time - Waste King? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We have an insinkerator that has been chugging along just fine for maybe 30 years or so. Price was right, too -- wife's father was regional sales manager or VP or something before he retired, so it didn't cost us anything to replace the El Cheapo that came with the house.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Been real happy with our Waste King I put in about 4-5 years ago.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Replaced the old insinkerator with a new quieter model when we redid the kitchen island this year.

Old one worked but has 10 to 12 years on it, so went on and put in the new quiet model both have been good units.

Bought at Lowes both times...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wow Confused

Two pages of replies and not a single WASTE KANG!!! here?

You guys are slacking Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two pages of replies and not a single WASTE KANG
Not that many baby yaks around, these days.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
You’ve been on this forum for 10 years, and you have to ask whether you should buy a Waste King?? Wink

I had a similar thought, but I was confused by the OP’s spelling. On this forum I thought it was referred to as a “WASTE KANG!” Big Grin

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

L-2600 ordered. Yaks, and oxen, be warned Eek

Looks like they only offer the ez-mount in current production.

Their website lists no 3-bolt mount models anymore.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I put an Insinkerator Evolution series in about a year ago. It is wisper quiet compared to the previous models I have used. Only complaint is it won't suck stuff down, you have to push everything down.

Had the same issue with mine.

Bought a new rubber anti splash piece from Amazon - cured it!

The new one is a softer rubber composition, water and debris flow easily now.

Cheap and easy fix!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Wow Confused

Two pages of replies and not a single WASTE KANG!!! here?

You guys are slacking Big Grin

First page, man!

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I went with the full 1HP. It eats tree limbs just fine.

WASTE KANG

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not easy to find a WK. I bought my last one at a local BestBuy, it’s been great. I need to replace another Badger but they no longer stock them. Insinkerator and a couple other companies seems to have have better corporate sales depts.

I do my absolute best not to give Bezos any money, ever, and will search locally, even at big box stores first

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Big Grin

L-2600 ordered. Yaks, and oxen, be warned Eek

Looks like they only offer the ez-mount in current production.

Their website lists no 3-bolt mount models anymore.

Quick & easy install

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a couple of American Standard all S/S disposals in from Costco 3-4 years ago and all are going along perfectly without any issues. They're like 1 1/4 HP I think all stainless steel body and were under $100 at Costco. Very happy with them considering tenants abuse everything.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post