SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Disposal time - Waste King?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Disposal time - Waste King? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Badger 1/3 hp is leaking out the bottom pretty heavily, nice puddle in the under sink cabinet Mad

Waste King still the go-to recommendation? Thinking 1/2 hp, since we rarely need to dispose of a whole ox.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.lowes.com/pd/InSin...10912_hro_product_id

The extra $ for the quiteness is worth it IMO.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
We bought the same one from Lowe's and are very pleased with the performance and how quiet it is.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ouch, 5x the price over the WK & no cord? Eek

Reliability & longevity > quietness, in this case.

When/if we replace the dishwasher, quietness will be a factor.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ouch, 5x the price over the WK & no cord?

Check your current wiring. You do not want a corded disposal if it is directly wired. Also for the $ you get stainless blades & stainless interior that will not rust & then leak. Mine is 9 years old & the rubber sink stopper is like new.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
What is this ox you speak of? Is it similar to a yak?

Posts: 1058 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I needed a disposal for one of our rental units. I like the ISE Evolution so much that I took out our 20 year old ISE and put that in the rental and the new Evolution in our house, my customers also love their Evolutions!! $219 is a great price on Amazon! SS is well worth the price. I have never been impressed with the Kang!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
What is this ox you speak of? Is it similar to a yak?

I imagine the ox is a bit more common than the yak, in SE TX Razz

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
Ouch, 5x the price over the WK & no cord?

Check your current wiring. You do not want a corded disposal if it is directly wired. Also for the $ you get stainless blades & stainless interior that will not rust & then leak. Mine is 9 years old & the rubber sink stopper is like new.

Ours has an outlet under the sink that it plugs into.

posted Hide Post
I ordered the waste king from Amazon when I was doing a remodel.

It leaked out of the box and Amazon said they were taking a lot back do to leaking.

Went with the InSinkErator instead.

Been a couple of years and no problems and you can barely hear it running.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Waste kang is good to go. I installed a 1 hp when I lived in AK, and have a 1 hp on the shelf for the inevitable death of the Badger that came with the house. In AK, the 1 hp 9980 Waste Kang was quieter than the 1/3 hp Badger it replaced.

There are two styles of Waste kangs. The 3-bolt mount (e.g. 9980) and the EZ mount. The 3-bolt gets better reviews and it's the same mount as the Badger so its a quick and easy swap.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23197 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You’ve been on this forum for 10 years, and you have to ask whether you should buy a Waste King?? Wink

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I put an Insinkerator Evolution series in about a year ago. It is wisper quiet compared to the previous models I have used. Only complaint is it won't suck stuff down, you have to push everything down.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like our Badger is the ez mount, but also has the bolts.

Not finding any of the WK on Amazon with the 3 bolt mount in stock, in the .5hp models.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I went with the full 1HP. It eats tree limbs just fine.

WASTE KANG

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I went with the full 1HP. It eats tree limbs just fine.

WASTE KANG

Until it doesn't, hope you get 10 years out of it.

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Waste kang is good to go. I installed a 1 hp when I lived in AK, and have a 1 hp on the shelf for the inevitable death of the Badger that came with the house. In AK, the 1 hp 9980 Waste Kang was quieter than the 1/3 hp Badger it replaced.

There are two styles of Waste kangs. The 3-bolt mount (e.g. 9980) and the EZ mount. The 3-bolt gets better reviews and it's the same mount as the Badger so its a quick and easy swap.

You can't even compare the Badger to the Evolution. Cheap ass iron to SS. The Badger is ISE's cheapest entry. You get what you pay for.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

You can't even compare the Badger to the Evolution. Cheap ass iron to SS. The Badger is ISE's cheapest entry. You get what you pay for.
Show me exactly where I compared the Waste King to the Evolution. I compared the Waste King to the Badger because they more or less cost the same (I've paid $136 and $107 for the 1 hp 9980) but the Waste King has ss internals, is quieter, is better built, and more bang for the buck. Comparing the Waste King to something that costs nearly 2x more moeny isn't my definition of a fair comparison.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23197 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not trying to tear you down, but I have been in the plumbing business for 52 years and I know what I have seen. A Waste King has along way to go to equal an ISE Evolution. I had no intentions to piss you off, it was just my experience in the field. As always, use your own judgement.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Not trying to tear you down, but I have been in the plumbing business for 52 years and I know what I have seen. A Waste King has along way to go to equal an ISE Evolution. I had no intentions to piss you off, it was just my experience in the field. As always, use your own judgement.
You didn't piss me off. You inexplicably quoted me for no apparent reason which I replied and took the opportunity to point out that you keep comparing Waste King to something nearly 2x as much. I have no doubt something nearly 2x the cost is better.