SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Sauer not going to SHOT Show 2022 due to COVID
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer not going to SHOT Show 2022 due to COVID Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Sig not currently have many Gov. contracts? Since their reason is C19. No doubt the two are related. Cough, cough.

Some of these comments are comical. there are several reasons why they have decided not to attend the show not related to the current events of Covid. I

The need to construct all new display pieces was just one. That cost alone to have them rushed to completion and shipped out is huge. Sending 150m plus employees plus the added staff from outside adds up. The cost to rent the facilities for the Sig days isn't cheap. Pulling that much staff from the company site is far from efficient.

Just so a bunch of people who could easily see the product elsewise? They donated a large chunk of money already.

Meanwhile they could better serve their dealers by bringing the key elements into their facility to view production and hands on. Their 140 acres of ranges and associated features is a lot better than travelling to Las Vegas.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's why they're selling 365s hand over fist and the SIG Academy is booked solid months in advance for beginner classes and has been for over a year now...

That will be addressed to a point when the new facility opens with the 30 lane indoor range next August. More of the shorter four hour classes will be coming back. The original Indoor Pistol Range is being renovated and will allow the use of standard ammo allowing more classes to be held at a lower cost.

The new facility will also have additional training classrooms.

As far as "abandoning the general shooter"... the several million being put into improvements at the academy makes that a especially uninformed comment.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
"Can Joe Consumer just walk into the SHOT show?"

No, Joe Consumer canot just walk into the SHOT show. The SHOT Show is RESTRICTED to the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services ONLY. The show is not open to the public

Many years ago they restricted military and law enforcement to those only directly connected with purchasing authority. It required documentation to get a pass. Even FFL's were cut back.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Seems to be a convenient reason for people who love to complain to complain about SIG.

The SHOT show has been dying for years. It has turned into just a reason to go to Vegas and party. And none of it is stuff that can’t be handled (or isn’t handled through reps and buyers groups) otherwise.

Whether you want to admit it or not, SHOT is on life support.

Sig certainly wouldn’t be the first company to think that they aren’t seeing enough ROI and back out of a major industry show over it. But most companies don’t lie about their reasons.

And most end up coming back after skipping a year.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They come back. They don’t come back.

SHOT show is on life support. And it’s all self inflicted.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
"Can Joe Consumer just walk into the SHOT show?"

No, Joe Consumer canot just walk into the SHOT show. The SHOT Show is RESTRICTED to the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services ONLY. The show is not open to the public

Many years ago they restricted military and law enforcement to those only directly connected with purchasing authority. It required documentation to get a pass. Even FFL's were cut back.

I got lucky around 10 years ago or so and got to see the SHOT show.

It was huge and took me 2 days to see everything that interested me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I guess, "To hell & back" doesn't include Las Vegas.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha.

Everytime I have vacationed in Las Vegas it certainly feels like I have been to hell and back. In fact, there are some parts of Vegas that would probably give hell a bad name.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post