SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Sauer not going to SHOT Show 2022 due to COVID
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer not going to SHOT Show 2022 due to COVID Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
quote:
Related Stories
Guy J. Sagi
SIG Sauer announced this week that it will not be exhibiting at the 2022 Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show. The event is the industry’s largest annual gathering—a tradition disrupted in January of this year when 2021’s event was canceled due to COVID-19 concerns. It attracts distributors, manufacturers, buyers and media from across the globe.

“For over 30 years SIG Sauer has attended SHOT Show, and we did not come to this decision without much thoughtful deliberation,” the company explained in its announcement. “Our number one priority throughout the pandemic has been, and will remain, our employees. SIG Sauer has an extremely large presence at SHOT Show sending over 140 employees to the show and our pre-show Range Day event. Maintaining this presence, or even a scaled back minimum presence for 2022, represents a significant health risk to all 2,600 of our employees across our 13 U.S. locations, as individuals attending the show return to our facilities and risk continued exposure to our entire employee base.”

The SHOT Show is owned and organized by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). It has conducted the event each year since 1979, when it took place in St. Louis, MO.

SIG Sauer also cited the significant investment required to transport, house, feed and compensate staff on site—as well as create and transport its exhibits and gear—as factoring into its decision. To help buoy NSSF’s efforts in trying times, however, the company will, “…be making a $500,000 donation to NSSF to support both its mission and ongoing critical support of our industry.”

The 2022 SHOT Show is scheduled to take place Jan. 18 to 21 in Las Vegas, NV. It will span more than 800,000 square feet of exhibit and conference space and, when there are no pandemic concerns, attracts roughly 60,000 industry professionals.

Link: Shooting Illustrated

Well, that's too bad. In my opinion we may be done with COVID as a real pandemic, but I've been wrong before.

Posts: 18094 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Well good for them. I am not planning to purchase any thing new from them anyways. This stupid choice on their part just reaffirms why I am not interested in supporting them. Stay the fuck home and play with your dolls boys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19255 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Every College stadium is stuffed with 50,000 some more, some less and Sig takes the pussy route?

Time to move on Sig. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22947 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Not surprised and not sure it really matters. In the firearm category, Sig is only putting out plastic ware these days... and different color finishes + slide cutouts isn't innovative.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Every College stadium is stuffed with 50,000 some more, some less and Sig takes the pussy route?

Time to move on Sig. Roll Eyes

Ha. Some of these stadiums are putting 100,000+ in every Saturday. That’s 5x the population of my little town. Screw em.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Kinda makes you wonder whether SIG is announcing early in order to discourage other companies from attending - while still being able to change their minds if every one else attends SHOT anyway.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Not surprised and not sure it really matters. In the firearm category, Sig is only putting out plastic ware these days... and different color finishes + slide cutouts isn't innovative.

I don't think it matters. It doesn't appear they are having trouble with sales and based on the announcement I read they'll save a lot of money.

Posts: 4080 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
With more and more companies announcing new products online I wonder if Shot Show will go the way of Baselworld. Less and less brands show up and then finally petering out.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
They probably haven't had a chance to do anything new anyway so skipping makes financial sense and rather than get crap in January over nothing new, they get crap now and when January rolls around this decision is old news.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1965 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Its not like they let regular gun nuts like you and I monkeyfinger anything there anyway. Still, maybe that (monkeyfingering) will make the NRA annual meeting a more important event?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Probably an excuse to cut an expense they don't need right now.
If they can sell all they make, they may feel they really don't need it.

Posts: 9549 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
With more and more companies announcing new products online I wonder if Shot Show will go the way of Baselworld.
eh?

Posts: 107750 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Sorry, big yearly watch exhibition where the vendors showed their new wares. I believe Rolex was the first one to pull out a few years ago and then Omega. With the release of new stuff on the internet during the year instead of during the fair people had been complaining that it was losing its luster.

Baslworld

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

It doesn't appear they are having trouble with sales and based on the announcement I read they'll save a lot of money.

Sure, it's about opportunity cost of capital like every such corporate decision. I've heard the "not having trouble with sales remark" hundreds of times during my career. That isn't the question, rather how much revenue could they make if they were truly innovative.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they don't have anything new or they just want to save money, I don't care but don't use the lame ass covid excuse.
If they weren't high on government contracts right now, I'd bet they'd pack their employees into that building, be it covid or bubonic plaque or whatever.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Sorry, big yearly watch exhibition where the vendors showed their new wares. I believe Rolex was the first one to pull out a few years ago and then Omega. With the release of new stuff on the internet during the year instead of during the fair people had been complaining that it was losing its luster.

Baslworld

That's kind of shocking. Rolex was the only brand to have a permanent fixture at the location while everyone else got to fit in where they could.

Posts: 4229 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Sig may be guilty of a little high-brow from time to time, but that is just plain shit-headedness.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8714 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It may be a test to see how customers react, Harley didn't show up at bikeweek in Daytona, COVID and all, but Indian, Honda, Suzuki, et al were there, HD stuck bikes on display with no employees, the normal massive crowds they get were not there in HD's display.

Could be a test to see if they can make consumer contact differently and eliminate the cost of SHOT...

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:

Baselworld. Hmm. I've been to Basel. Nice town.

Posts: 18094 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I doubt those big conventions make sense, anymore. Smaller, public events so the populace could handle products, do make sense.

Posts: 5748 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post