SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will Oregon be open for vacationing this summer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Oregon be open for vacationing this summer? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
We've been planning to vacation on the Oregon coast this summer, but it looks like things are still pretty much shut down. Cannon Beach says they're in a Phase I reopening, in which non-essesntial travel is still not allowed. What are the chances this will change by mid-July?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
They said last week that the hotels in Seaside (few miles north of Cannon Beach) will start taking bookings again on Tuesday. All counties in the state except one (Portland metro area) have been approved for phase 1, but they're not saying when counties will be "allowed" to proceed beyond phase 1. They're taking a wait-and-see attitude, which I interpret to mean "If we see a spike in new cases during phase 1, we'll delay phase 2 or maybe even shut down again." That's just the way that liberal states like Oregon think.

That said, people are going to the beaches in spite of Queen Kate's orders to the contrary, and I'm sure the small businesses all along the coast will be delighted to accept your $$$ no matter what the individual communities say. Social distancing requirements notwithstanding, of course. Roll Eyes

Sorry we don't know any more yet.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I feel that these democrat run areas are TRYING to ruin their economies. Maybe so they can tthen blame Trump?

With the overall liberal leadership in Oregon I wouldn't be surprised to see things opening later than everywhere else.

We do a Family get together in Bend each year. We just learned the resort we stay at WILL be open in late July and our reservations are OK.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are the chances this will change by mid-July?

My bet is the non-metro areas won't be paying much attention to Covid-19.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
We are trying to phase in reopening our range to members, and later on to public. There are hoops to jump through. State requirements and things on advice of counsel.
Some members are very patient. Others are the type - 'you ain't tellin me what to do'.
Plus all 'staff' are volunteers from a high vulnerable population.

This is not an easy task.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I believe the OR coast will be open.
My oldest son leaves on June 07 to his summer job in Cannon Beach at the Christian Conference Center.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:

My oldest son leaves on June 07 to his summer job in Cannon Beach at the Christian Conference Center.

I've been there . Awesome place and awesome town.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I would recommend Portland but, i like you. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Things are open right now but with some restrictions, at least in Newport, Depoe Bay, and Lincoln City. Most restaurants are open with limited seating. Outlet mall in Lincoln City is open. Surprisingly, Oregon's governor has been moving pretty quickly to get stuff reopened, in some cases even faster than the feds recommended. Several counties will be moving to stage 2 within the next week or so.

Hotels started taking "non essential" reservations a week ago in Lincoln County (Yachats, Waldport, Newport, Lincoln City).

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
We're open

SIG228 is spot on.

Just spent the weekend in Florence. Beaches are open again. Business are opening up and thing will be well on their way by the end of June.

Cheers~

Posts: 906 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were up at my mom’s this past weekend, she lives just south of Eugene, and everything seemed somewhat normal. Restaurants were open for dine-in, with “social distancing”, of course.

Posts: 474 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post