SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Married shower - what's in yours?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Married shower - what's in yours? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
Or less specifically, what's the ratio of hers to yours in total items, bottles, tools, etc.?

Apparently I was bored this morning and did a count of bottles, implements, etc. in our shower and wondered if my ratio is similar to others. Generally I think of my SO as moderately low maintenance but the 16 items in shower compared to my 2 was "interesting". In fairness, I didn't include the bar of soap as that seems like it should count as a shared item. Razz

Question:
Post total item count if you like or it's really amusing, but in general the ratio hers to yours is roughly:

Choices:
20:1 or worse (bless your heart!)
10:1
8:1 (now seems the new normal)
4:1
1:1 (you win!)
1:5 (congrats, you're a metrosexual)

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12441 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I had to put a shelf in for her crap so I could use my seat. Now the shelf is full and my seat is getting more stuff put on it. Oh well

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to select 4:1, but it's probably closer to 2:1.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Guys can have their own stuff in the shower? Everything in mine is either "shared" (soap+shampoo) or hers. Half of what is hers, I don't even know what it is.

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
6:1

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not vote as in my home I am out numbered and have been banished from the master bathroom. My shower is in the hallway bathroom where you will find on bottle of basic shampoo and one Duke Canon "Big Ass Bar"

In comparison the "girls bathroom" looks like a bomb went off and an Ulta

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much equal

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
.....In fairness, I didn't include the bar of soap as that seems like it should count as a shared item. Razz

BAR of soap? I didn't know anyone actually used soap bars anymore? Big Grin

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7115 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
In my house it is equal between us.

The first thing I thought of though is this commercial. Smile

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just for fun I put a half full ( I'm an optimist ) whiskey bottle in the shower next to the shampoo once to see how long it would take her to take notice. I got an angry call at work telling me if I have a problem I need to take care of it or she was out of there. The sense of humor doesnt run deep.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have exactly one thing. Dr Bronners peppermint diluted soap mix in a foaming type dispenser.

Don’t ask about bathroom counter space, for the love of god...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15624 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I didn't answer the poll guessing 2:1

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Losing your hair kinda makes shampoo a waste of shower space. My wife, on the other hand- has four different varieties of shampoo and conditioner in there. But she does have lovely hair...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wife has 6 different shampoos, 4 conditioner bottles (most under 5%), 3 bars of fancy soaps, 2 bottles of girly body soaps, some kind of moisturizing oil, 2 loofahs, shaving gel, 3 razors, and an assortment of brushes and pumice stones that I dare not ask about.

I have a bottle of man soap and a nail brush.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
1:1 in the shower.

Wife has body wash, face scrub, shampoo, and conditioner.

I have body wash, face/head scrub, shaving cream, and a razor.

The counter next to the sink is a whole different deal. Probably 20:1.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I counted 7.5 to 1 in the shower. Don’t even get me started on the ratio in the MBR. It would take at least an hour or more to count all that crap and the ratio would go way up in her favor.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Issac Newton got it right: "a woman's stuff expands to meet the available space"

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4282 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
So many bottles of crap on the rim of the tub, couldn't get in without knocking several over - constant issue.

When we redid the bathroom, I had a couple corner shelves put in for her stuff.

I had a couple cubbies put in the wall also.

I have soap, my shampoo and a toothbrush in the shower. I use the toothbrush to clean my watch off every few days.

She has... everything, but it's all on the shelves. Nothing on the rim of the tub anymore - it's a violation of house rules.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the option for none?

I just use her soap and shampoo. I don't want to clutter up the shower and tube area with anything more than what is already there.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Are we counting toys?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post