SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recently bought a Sig 556
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recently bought a Sig 556 Login/Join 
posted
I just recently bought a SIG 556 rifle off someone who needed the money she said her son never shot it much and they didn't seem to know too much about the rifle it came with a sig red dot on it. I was looking into the red dot and couldn't find any information on it was wondering if anybody could enlighten me with some more info. It's not letting me post the image but the only identifying mark on the RED dot is STH-400A

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 556, but run a different scope on it, so as usual, I'm not much help Frown

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Can't see your pics

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It's a Sig Holosight:

https://www.topgunsupply.com/i...losight-sth400a.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks I appreciate the info figured it was something familiar but couldn't figure out appreciate the help

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
We have a rifle forum for questions like this.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
We have a rifle forum for questions like this.

He's new, he may not have known that.

Welcome, Shakesuma, and (click here) to visit Mason's Rifle Room (the rifle-specific portion of SigForum).

BTW: BamaJeepster is correct.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Love my 556 as well. I just run it with irons and no scope.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Another 556 owner here. Mine is a tack driver

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it! If you’re in a free state, file the Form 1 and SBR it...with the stock folded it is shorter than a 7.5” AR SBR. Throw a can on it too...it is nice having the adjustable gas valve for suppresses shooting.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
I like my SIG 556, but the ergonomics of an AR just work much better for me. Of course, I won't be getting rid of this beauty any time soon (as in ever). Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Now verbotten in Canada, alas. Frown

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Nice looking 556, parallel. If I weren’t in CA mine would look like that.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Nice looking 556, parallel. If I weren’t in CA mine would look like that.

Thanks. I learned about the Swiss style handguards (551?) from here at the forum. I love the look, and I really don't miss the "SWAT" rail that came on it as I tend to keep my stuff relatively simple.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post