SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma strikes person trying to destroy snowman.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma strikes person trying to destroy snowman. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Man I wish those people had a security camera. Would have been hilarious to watch that unfold.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The story narrator says it was a truck that hit the stump. How do they know it was a truck?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stumpy still stands Smile

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Didn't we have a member here that had a problem with people running over his trash cans? I seem to recall he put a VW engine block in it one night which seemed to put a stop to the problem after it was hit.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15726 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
The story narrator says it was a truck that hit the stump. How do they know it was a truck?

Look at the impression in whats left of the snow on the stump. It was a truck Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Look at the impression in whats left of the snow on the stump. It was a truck Big Grin

Or an SUV, or even maybe a jeep? It's just interesting that he said truck, but didn't mention an eyewitness.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
What goes around, comes around,
Eye for an Eye,
A Truck for a Trunk?

Redneck Haiku?

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my favorite was the guy who kept getting his mailboxes run over

so he built one using a steel i-beam wrapped to look like wood

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad they didn't leave a front plate behind.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Too bad they didn’t go after it a lot faster. Appears like they drove up to it and attempted to push it over.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Didn't we have a member here that had a problem with people running over his trash cans? I seem to recall he put a VW engine block in it one night which seemed to put a stop to the problem after it was hit.

My BIL had an idiot that would drive down the street hitting garbage cans. He filled a brand new garbage can with blocks of concrete. Early the next morning he heard “Bang,” “Bang”, then “Crash!”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Or an SUV, or even maybe a jeep? It's just interesting that he said truck, but didn't mention an eyewitness.

Technically, those examples you gave are trucks. Smile

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help but smile at that story.

Time and time again I'm reminded that trees (and tree stumps) don't like to move.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the chances the guy hitting Frosty or a passenger filmed the hit?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13406 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, when I was a kid, a guy used to race down our street. One day, my dad got home from work early and put a concrete block in a trash can, and waited for said asshole to roar down the street....

Threw the trash ca out it in front of the guy, who hit it and wrecked into a single tree in the neighbors yard.

I’m not saying my dad beat that guy until the cops showed up,but the cop did ask if anyone had seen the wreck and my dad said he came out afterward and was trying to help...

karma.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to work in Sausalito, CA, in which some areas can be partially inundated with rainwater and high tide saltwater. A friend was once walking through a marina parking lot which was known to have some deep pockets of water.

A guy in a mini truck drove by, hitting a large puddle in a deliberate attempt to splash water on my friend. When it happened my friend heard a loud clang as solid water was sucked into the engine intake, causing hydraulic lock. What happens is that the pistons try to compress water, which does not compress. Something must give, and usually it is bent connecting rods, broken pistons, and sometimes the engine block cracks as well. Karma got the mini truck driver, and he had no one to blame but himself.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Too bad they didn't leave a front plate behind.

Kentucky doesn’t use front license plates.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a very similar story in our neighborhood when I was kid (1970’s). The kids built a snowman on top of a fire hydrant and some yutes thought it cool to jump the curb and plow it down. The car was impaled on the hydrant gushing water all over the car.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
University of Minnesota, late 1960's, Minneapolis used thick rubber tubes painted yellow and black and implanted in the roadway to show where a turn lane was. Worked well if the snow hadn't been plowed yet as they stood high enough for traffic to see. They also worked well if you wanted to wake up an entire dorm full of sleeping students at 3AM, just run over them with a car or truck and they made a glorious "Thumpthumpthumpthump."

The students got pissed at the near-nightly interruptions, so in the dead of a Minnesota winter, they filled the tubes with water, which freezes pretty quick and pretty hard at -25 or -30 degrees.

I guess it was just one guy doing it every night, because the next morning they found his wrecked car and were never bothered again.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9165 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post