SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you know all of the gun related things you own?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know all of the gun related things you own? Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Do you know what when and where all of the miscellaneous guns, accessories ammo etc... is? I have been a dealer and collector for 37 years. Seems every time I start digging through boxes I find things I forgot I had. Two days ago I finally located the 1/4 filled 50 cal can full of 5.56 tracer. Just today while searching for a pair of choke tubes I find yet another German Luger holster. There was a time I sold all my leather off as I didn't want to deal with caring for it. Just tossed it on the pile of Luger, P-38, PPk, 1911 etc.. holsters.
When I die I really want to be a ghost to see what all they find that I didn't know I had!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't know where everything is or what I've got. I got stuff I didn't know I had and things like mags and holsters I don't know what it fits. And I am a fairly organized guy. I just got too much stuff.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Worse yet is finding stuff you “thought” you had after buying a “replacement” item.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm not even sure I know all the guns that I own. Sometimes I'm digging through the safe and I think, "Oh yeah, I remember that..."

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
No. I just got a new safe today and I was surprised at home much ammo I have...and I even have an Excel spreadsheet with everything on it Eek

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Nope. I have a general idea of the things I have but have even been surprised by a gun or two I didn’t remember. I have a tendency to place orders for custom holsters then throw them into my holster trunk and not remember I ordered them. I came across almost a dozen brand new Milt Sparks holsters a few months back many I did not know I had.

Posts: 2930 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No way. Too many years.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Timely thread. The other day, I was cleaning in our den closet. Mostly boxes of stuff we never unpacked after we moved in 2015. Under a stack of boxes, I found a Rubbermaid tote. In it were a few dozen loaded AR mags - 30rd USGI, 20rd USGI, and PMAGs, loaded HK91 mags (I don't own one anymore), an M14 magazine (didn't own one before, now I do), a few dozen loaded M1 enblocs, boxes and boxes of various calibers of ammo, loose ammo, AR parts, holsters and all the hardware and kydex for a Glock 17 MTAC holster... and a bunch of beer bottle caps.

I haven't drank in a long time.

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have a booklet somewhere that details all the guns I owned until about 2010, but I've misplaced it and the half-dozen or so guns bought since then have not been recorded. I do have most of my guns in my safe, and a few locations around the house where others are hidden. I believe I could gather them all up if necessary.

No ammo in my safe--it doesn't have room for all my guns (which is why some are scattered around). Some ammo is in a closet upstairs, some is under the stairwell, and more is in the garage. I don't have a good handle on how much there is, but it's more than a few thousand rounds of various calibers (a paltry amount, compared to some folks here).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The holster portion is the worst - a have a tupperware bin full of wayward holsters. Many of these are not marked so I have no clue what gun it belongs to. (without manually fitting it)

I now mark the make/caliber on the interior facing side of each new holster with a white sharpee.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Not a chance.
On 2 instances I have found things I completely forgot about.
I posted here about finding them and in both instances members found the thread where I shared the deal on what I had found when I bought them.

A rifle case and a bunch of 226 mags.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25347 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I know I have particular models of Sigs and Glocks, I couldn't tell you how many unless I checked my records. So, you could say I don't know of all the gun things that I have.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure, I have at least one gun and 3 boxes of holsters I never use but collected over the last 40+ years. There is no Catholic charity for holsters...

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Worse yet is finding stuff you “thought” you had after buying a “replacement” item.

That recently happened to me. I bought a set of original grips off EBay last year after buying a Speed Six with aftermarkets. A few weeks ago I was cleaning out a box and found a set that I don’t remember buying.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply put NO!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope......and neither does my wife!!! Cool

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I had a friend a few years ago that asked me how many guns I had. I said I actually have no idea. I still don't Smile

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Are we supposed to include literature? Time was, my dad died, like 41 years ago. I inherited a load of stuff. Like all his American Riflemen since WWII. But then sometime in the past I started adding on prewar editions. Then can we talk about Shooters Bibles? Did you even know they published before WWII? Yeah, those are a great source of specs. Prices were better then.

I got on a kick of buying holsters. My wife talked me out of buying a HH Heiser saddle. Frown But I've bought all I've seen in the last 20 or so years. And I go to a bunch of gun shows..

Ammo has been out of hand for a long time. But almost all of it is in the "safe". Smile We built this house in 2010. I told a buddy I was adding on a 10x10 safe room. He said "why so small". So we increased it to 10x20. Easy to break into if you've got a sledge hammer and a bunch of time. And a trigger happy owner and his neighbor aren't at home. I sold off a bunch of 22s and a case of 9mm. I've still got more 22s than I've fired in the last 20 or so years. Back when Y'all elected Slick in the 1990s I began a crash reloading project. I bet there are 8,000 rounds of reloads alone, not including the stuffin's for that many more. I ran out of empty brass. But its all in the tiny safe. Well, mostly.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I had a friend a few years ago that asked me how many guns I had. I said I actually have no idea. I still don't Smile
You should have an inventory list, including serial numbers and locations of each firearm. What happens if your firearms are stolen, or if you die?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
No.
I’m moving back into my childhood home.
I recently found a case of 357 magnum and a case of 45ACP that I had stashed here during my divorce.
Yes, I have another case of each in the barndominium I’m moving out of (about a half mile away).

I’m fairly certain I have a handle on most of the actual firearms....

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post