SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Olive Garden Did Well By Me With Customer Service Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olive Garden Did Well By Me With Customer Service Today Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
I RARELY ever eat at Olive Garden, but today my wife wanted it for lunch. We were both working from home, she placed the order, and went and got it. When she got home she realized they gave us someone else’s order despite our ticket being on the bag.

She went during lunch time and we both couldn’t make a trip back so we called them. They went above and beyond. They told us to keep the food we got, they delivered our original order to our house for free, and gave us a $50 gift card. None of that was asked for. All we did was explain the situation.

I would call that good customer service and I will maybe order from that location more.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8735 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Good to know.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16823 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

When she got home she realized they gave us someone else’s order.
Joe Pesci's order?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you're their, you're family. Good to hear how they made the situation not only correct but went over and beyond.

Posts: 7045 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

When she got home she realized they gave us someone else’s order.
Joe Pesci's order?

It might be!!!!! Eek

Posts: 8735 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
When you're there, you're family. Good to hear how they made the situation not only correct but went over and beyond.

Yes, in this day and age it was a very pleasant surprise. We explained the problem with understanding and respect, and they went above and beyond. Very refreshing.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
When you're there, you're family. Good to hear how they made the situation not only correct but went over and beyond.

Yes, in this day and age it was a very pleasant surprise. We explained the problem with understanding and respect, and they went above and beyond. Very refreshing.

Mike, that generous a response is almost unheard of these days. Quite amazing!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I was beyond surprised, which is the only reason I posted.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Happy for you!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9410 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you're their, you're family. Good to hear how they made the situation not only correct but went over and beyond.

Totally agree with above and beyond in this case, but the "you're family" slogan really doesn't apply everywhere. Some of the Olive Garden restaurants I've been to around here sucked.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Well, the microwave did all the work

Posts: 5509 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Yeah it is not the greatest, which is why I rarely ever eat there or anywhere. I can make a way better meal, but in today’s world I was pleasantly surprised by the service from this location. Obviously it can and will vary by location.

posted Hide Post
Beyond expectations, for sure.
If they offered anything under a million calories, I'd be in there like a shot.(Fixed)

Because of your story.
Sadly, I gained 2 pounds just reading about your adventure

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't be so quick to give them such high marks/credit for their response. At least around here the Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse specifically), seem to be hemorrhaging customers, and they can't afford to lose any more of them! In the case of the OP's situation, their fuck-up affected two customer orders! They may have already dealt with the other affected customer (who may not have bee a cordial as 'StorminNormin') and were already had a 'comp plan' prepared for what might be coming/incoming.

In my experience, the only time you get an outstanding customer service response is immediately following some avoidable screw up they need to make right!

We wrote the Olive Garden off over a decade ago due food and service such that it simply didn't warrant another visit, ever! We've since implemented a 'three strikes policy' and after the third strike, you're done! We have periodically gone to the Longhorn since then, but since COVID they've completely cratered as well. We only go there to use/use up gift cards we've received since then and the LAST THREE TIMES we've gone the food and the service were abysmal; Steaks WAY over or under done, items missing from an order (or orders!), and wait staff that seemed to have gone AWOL! We would go there for the food and a family dining experience and unfortunately, we'd end up leaving with more gift cards! At this point, we 'might' go there to sit at the bar and have a burger in order to use up the gift cards, but other than that, as my wife puts it, 'They're OFF the List'!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Didn't that make worse? You had to eat two meals from Olive Garden.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53226 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Didn't that make worse? You had to eat two meals from Olive Garden.

I was going to type "hater," with the Tongue-sticking-out emoticon, but decided not to.

Posts: 16152 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Yeah it is not the greatest, which is why I rarely ever eat there or anywhere. I can make a way better meal, but in today’s world I was pleasantly surprised by the service from this location. Obviously it can and will vary by location.

Was kidding kinda. We enjoy our local OG once in a while.

A couple of years ago I held a small birthday party for the Mrs. Her favorite dessert is Tiramisu. I first called a smaller Italian place we frequent as the Mrs. likes theirs. Those assholes wanted to sell me a pan based on their single serving price, I think it was $95. I then remembered she also likes it from OG. I called them and they were happy to sell me a pan for about $35. She was very happy

Posts: 5509 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That fits the definition of great customer service. I hope the wrong food was palatable.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19992 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Totally agree with above and beyond in this case, but the "you're family" slogan really doesn't apply everywhere. Some of the Olive Garden restaurants I've been to around here sucked.

I agree. I haven't been to one in quite a long time but do miss their bread sticks. It's just nice to hear a good story, no matter the reason.

Posts: 7045 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, that’s a refreshing bit of customer service from them - that’s excellent!

While OG has, sadly, removed several entrees over time that I really enjoyed, I remain a sucker for their salad and breadsticks at the very least. The OG near us provides really good wait-service, to boot.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6730 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post