SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I really miss JALLEN and Horse
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I really miss JALLEN and Horse Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Leo and his movie reviews.

Frown

He and I have different tastes in movies, but he always gave an honest, everyday take on the movies he took in.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I recall the Obituary for member LSP972

Steven L. Campbell, a particularly ornery man
with a strong dislike for most people,
passed away on May 24, 2017.

What awesome obit and summary of this man's life work.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do miss those people and their interesting and educational posts. Too many great folks have gone to their reward since I first posted here.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I recall the Obituary for member LSP972

Steven L. Campbell, a particularly ornery man
with a strong dislike for most people,
passed away on May 24, 2017.

What awesome obit and summary of this man's life work.
If Steve had any regret at all it was not being able to determine a sure-fire method for getting away with murder, much to the relief of several people – and they darned well know who they are.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Leo and his movie reviews. He and I have different tastes in movies, but he always gave an honest, everyday take on the movies he took in.

Ah, Leo D, the Duckman? Hilarious dude, and a fellow Bay Area guy. Two words: SPICE WORLD!

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good people all I'm sure. I might suggest you raise a glass in their honor.

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was chatting with JAllen's wife yesterday and today - on my way to Dallas on business tomorrow morning and trying to figure out how we can get together for dinner

she says she misses him every day - very understandable

Greg, when you see Martine please let her know about this thread and others indicating how much we miss Jim.
Online or in the flesh, he was a gentleman, always helpful and generous with his wisdom, and especially his wit.

Posts: 18096 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This website has hosted some fine people over the years that I have been around. Txpete was one of them. He collected lots of interesting milsurp weapons. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a Lee Enfield bayonet from him off of the old Parallax Bill's website. I was shocked and saddened when he suddenly got sick and passed on.
Thanks for remembering him as one of the Good Ones.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
I was chatting with JAllen's wife yesterday and today - on my way to Dallas on business tomorrow morning and trying to figure out how we can get together for dinner

she says she misses him every day - very understandable

Greg, when you see Martine please let her know about this thread and others indicating how much we miss Jim.
Online or in the flesh, he was a gentleman, always helpful and generous with his wisdom, and especially his wit.

absolutely I will

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53243 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Me too, I miss leo d. movie reviews. Every now and then when the greatest movies ever, for any type or school are brought up a little voice in my head says 'Spice World'. Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12151 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
God rest their souls, and I'll add WilliamTheCoroner to the list.

Posts: 5766 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post