SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If there is anything more vile and disgusting than Greek yogurt, I haven't had it yet
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If there is anything more vile and disgusting than Greek yogurt, I haven't had it yet Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
That is all.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is regular fruit pn the bottom Ok?

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Is regular fruit pn the bottom Ok?

Yeah. that's the kind I tried today. Couldn't even finish 1 small spoonfull.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I had some vanilla flavored greek yogurt one time and they forgot to put the flavoring in it. It was so awful that I took the time to call the phone number on the side of it. They took down the lot number and sent me a coupon for $8 free yogurt.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23329 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I had some Greek yogurt that was terrible several years ago; I don’t recall the brand. However, for the last couple years I’ve been eating the Dannon Light-n-Fit Greek almost every day, and it’s actually smooth and creamy. The stuff I tried several years ago was chalky and gritty. Try the Dannon Light-n-Fit Greek in tiramisu, raspberry chocolate, or caramel apple pie flavors (my favorites).

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
After watching the documentary film, The Stuff, I'm not sure how anyone can eat yogurt. I certainly never have.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Cottage Cheese

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
After watching the documentary film, The Stuff, I'm not sure how anyone can eat yogurt. I certainly never have.

Never try to find out how the sausage is made. Never.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Yes, how horrible, something that has an actual flavor besides sweet. Razz

Strawberry Yoplait has more sugar in it, per ounce, than Dreyer's vanilla ice cream. A regular 6 ounce Yoplait strawberry yogurt cup has 19 grams (1.5 TABLESPOONS) of sugar in it.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Greek yogurt is pretty much the only type of yogurt I eat now. Far superior to the regular sugar filled crap. Unless it's regular plain yogurt I guess, but that shit is awful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
But nothing beats fresh tzatziki on ripe chopped tomatoes …

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
We use plain Greek yogurt exclusively. Preferably whole milk yogurt.

Without add-ins it serves as an acceptable, albeit a little lacking, alternative to sour cream. That’s a good way to up protein intake.

As a snack we just add a bit of local honey or pure maple syrup. Maybe some berries. But it’s not necessary. My kids will eat it unadorned.

Posts: 6382 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Chobani, Libertie, two of my favorite yogurts. In fact I’ll have one now!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to like the Old School Dannon yogurt back in the '70 that came in waxed cardboard cups.

Posts: 775 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Plain greek yogurt is great. I use it in all kinds of things including my protein shakes.

JC

Posts: 1276 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Noosa.

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
All yogurt is awful. (I dislike all forms of clabbered milk.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to know how to use it. It is a raw ingredient. I take 1 cup of Greek yogurt and add 4/32 teaspoon of pure stevia. 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of walnuts and 1/4 cup of frozen wild blueberries. Stir it all up and it is delicious. I have it about 3 times a week.

If you don't want to use stevia to sweeten then try pure honey.

Posts: 12744 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Regular yogurt is far worse than Greek yogurt.

Years ago before greek yogurt became common, I would buy Columbo yogurt which was closer to Greek, I really liked it, couldn't eat regular yogurt. But Dannon bought them out and killed the brand.

Greek yogurt brought me back. I really like plain Cabot Greek Yogurt. Has the consistency and a taste closer to cream cheese than regular yogurt. lol I eat it with frozen blackberries mostly, sometimes other frozen fruit. It's like ice cream for me.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Light and Fit fat free Greek yogurt. Low cal high protein. The chocolate raspberry is actually pretty good.

Posts: 3473 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post