SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did I miss a thread on Elon Musk declaring war on woke and becoming our biggest/richest ally in the culture war?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I miss a thread on Elon Musk declaring war on woke and becoming our biggest/richest ally in the culture war? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I couldn't find a thread addressing it.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5498 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Crazy thing is, 5 years ago the left, especially the young left loved him. Cause he was rich, made jobs, and made EV cars.

Silly rabbits, Intelligent people aren’t democrats!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
It was funny to watch all the leftists turn on him at exactly the same time. Must have got that software update via wifi.

Posts: 11516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure everyone knows it.

Posts: 28587 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It’s implicit in this thread:

“The immeasurable value of Twitter under the guidance of Elon Musk”
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...800093505#6800093505

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9411 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Elon buying Twtter created the infrastructure for an uncensored ( mostly) social medium.
What’s changed is that Musk personally has come out not only for Trump, but specifically against the trans delusion—to the point of moving X and SpaceX headquarters to Texas from CA and bl as Ming the move on the “ woke mind virus.”
This may cost him billions personally but he’s willing to do it.

Posts: 18337 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
He appears to be on our side, but is he a 100% supporter of the 2A?

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9409 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
He appears to be on our side, but is he a 100% supporter of the 2A?

I can’t answer your question but wanted to say that even if he isn’t…makes no matter to me. He has become a champion of free speech and I will always appreciate him for that. If he hadn’t bought Twitter and exposed much of the left the msm would be allowed to be even more brazen with the leftist garbage lies than they are now. Now if he could come up with the money to buy Facebook….

Posts: 720 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
100%? Like most things, his commitment occurs along a gradient. In a 2022 interview for CNBC, he said:

quote:
“I strongly believe that the right to bear arms is an important safeguard against potential tyranny of government. Historically, maintaining their power over the people is why those in power did not allow public ownership of guns.”

In the same interview, he also said that he supports "tight backround checks" for all gun sales, and that assault weapons should only be available to people in special circumstances, for example gun range owners, or people in live in a “high risk location, like gang warfare.” He said on X:

quote:
"Assault rifles should at minimum require a special permit, where the recipient is extremely well vetted imo."

Also:

quote:
"How about a middle ground, where the licensing standard for semi-auto rifles is a driver’s license, age 21 and no rap sheet?"

"Basically, what is a reasonable way to make it harder for people with homicidal impulses to obtain body count maximizing weapons?"

TheStreet

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16826 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am willing to sit at the table with him. He may come around on many of those points and realize why they are counter to 2A.

His attitude seems to me to adjust correctly when he is presented truth.

Look at the number and wide demographic of "new" Trump supporters who have been similarly made aware of what they used to hold true and dear and their positions now.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I listened to the entire two-hour conversation between Peterson and Musk. Got a lot more of Peterson than I wanted, but found the conversation extremely wide-ranging regarding philosophy and religion, not just "woke mind virus" discussion or politics.
The whole thing is on Daily Wire.

Posts: 18337 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Elon buying Twtter created the infrastructure for an uncensored ( mostly) social medium.
What’s changed is that Musk personally has come out not only for Trump, but specifically against the trans delusion—to the point of moving X and SpaceX headquarters to Texas from CA and bl as making the move on the “ woke mind virus.”
This may cost him billions personally but he’s willing to do it.

Right. That's why I started the thread. I thought that blatant declaration warranted its own thread.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5498 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite autist. $45mm a month to Trump PAC till election day for voter integrity is not chicken feed. Putting his money where his mouth is.

He’s eccentric for sure and has curious choices in a baby mamas. But when you have major league FU money, you can be eccentric.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No matter what, I am certainly very glad that the wealthiest man in the world, the 800lb Gorilla of the tech world, the most famous entrepreneur of our time (besides Trump)is on Trump's side, on our side.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I see discussions about him on Reddit all the time now, he's got the Left PISSED at him like you would not believe. They thought he was one of them up until he bought Twitter and now he's Public Enemy Number 1 to them.

It's actually pretty fun to watch them all melt down because they know he just doesn't give a shit about what they feel and will throw any and all shade right back in their faces 10 times harder.

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11185 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Elon the tyrant slayer.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29901 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Having don't give a shit money is nice, but having don't give a shit money is better when you're on the right side of an argument rejecting a lie.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8906 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
My favorite autist. $45mm a month to Trump PAC till election day for voter integrity is not chicken feed. Putting his money where his mouth is.

He’s eccentric for sure and has curious choices in a baby mamas. But when you have major league FU money, you can be eccentric.

Musk has denied this
Link

Posts: 613 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post