SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The immeasurable value of Twitter under the guidance of Elon Musk
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The immeasurable value of Twitter under the guidance of Elon Musk Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Charlie Kirk: “Elon Musk liberating Twitter will go down as one of the greatest free speech victories in the history of western civilization.”

Almost always, when someone speaks of a current event being "one of the greatest victories in the history of (whatever)", it's merely hyperbole.

In this case, however, Kirk may very well be correct.

If someone had told me two years ago that I would soon be using Twitter as my primary news source and that I would rely on it to such an extent that I pray to God to keep its owner safe from harm, I would have not believed it. I would have laughed in that person's face.

But, here we are. Twitter has eclipsed every other news source at my disposal. With its millions of users who comprise a decentralized network of stringers and with its lack of corporate masters who strangle and mutate facts and truth in the mainstream news media, and with a lesser degree of censorship found in any large-scale internet platform, Twitter has become a refuge for unmitigated truth.

To be sure, Twitter has oceans of bullshit through which a user must wade and it should not be lost upon any of us that this is a natural consequence of mostly unfettered speech. Twitter does have its rules and policies and it is possible for the most well-meaning user to run afoul of these mechanisms, but show me any other web entity on the grand scale of Twitter, where the truth may still be found.

My reliance on Twitter is such that when, in the last 24 hours, Twitters connections which allow other venues to embed and display its content went down overnight, I was somewhat panicked, because of the hundreds of posts in this forum which were affected by this glitch, and disheartened at the prospect of this (for whatever cause or reason) being a permanent state of affairs. If that were the case, the forum would mostly lose its conduit to this valuable asset of free speech. Fortunately, this turned out to be a temporary state of affairs, and now corrected.

A week or so ago, when the house in Virginia blew up, Twitter had the story and video hours before any national news agency. A Fox D.C. affiliate had the story the quickest, but it was still more than 90 minutes after Twitter had the story. As someone who worked in newspaper and TV news in years past, I tell you that this is thrilling to see and to recognize its significance. To see multiple news agencies lining up in the comments of the posted video on Twitter, asking its publisher "Do we have your permission to use your video?"- over and over- it was something to see.

This is a significant indication of what is possible with the input of the more than 300 million Twitter users.

I agree with Mr. Kirk's assessment of the immeasurable value of Twitter for the coming election, and for the day-to-day fight against the globalist maggots who- quite literally- seek to remove a substantial portion of the world's population from this existence. In that respect, Elon Musk may go down as one of the greatest champions of humanity in this century, and like Charlie Kirk's observations on the matter, this may also ended up being no exaggeration at all.

My very great thanks to forum member Patrick-SP2022, who has created a most valuable tool for the forum- the Twit-Bedder.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1736193079621890208

Posts: 109011 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of what Musk has done with the company. I'm still calling it Twitter also, don't know if I'll ever get used to calling it X.

I thought it was hilarious when the lefties were whining about their follower count going down since Musk took over. Musk was doing what he said he was going to do and killing off bot accounts, and cleaning up the place.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1942 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Moses liberated the Israelites from Pharaoh.

The Allies liberated France from the Nazi.

Musk liberated conservatives from leftist Twitter censorship.

Q

Posts: 27495 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Totally, agree! Finally reactivated my Twitter account last month after years of inactivity.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Amen. We owe Mr. Musk.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9431 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I find myself going to Twitter more and more each day and less and less to other sources.

It’s almost like it’s taken over as the Drudge Report of 2023, remember when that was the place to find all the latest breaking news?

Posts: 34515 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I joined TwiXXer because of this truth aa short while back.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Also of great significance is this. Those who hold sway over the corporate media thought they could silence Tucker Carlson, but like their efforts against Donald Trump, they succeeded only in making Carlson stronger.

And then Musk reinstated Alex Jones, and then Carlson facilitated Jones' redemption.

And there are many others.

Keep Elon Musk in your prayers. In some ways, Musk is more of a threat to these vile people than is Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/atensnut/s.../1736045649949241693

Posts: 109011 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I actually joined X last week for the first time. I feel it is now useful and free enough for me to have an account there. I probably won't post much, but I like to read some of the commentary.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5515 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I finally got on a social media platform outside of gun forums because Musk made it an even playing field. Before that I wouldn’t dream of getting on twitter.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In this case I don’t think it’s hyperbole at all. We all remember the direction all of social media was headed and headed their fast. After Musk bought Twitter and exposed what was going on behind the scenes it was no longer tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. There was proof the alphabet agencies where steering the ship how they wanted it to be.

I don’t think half the country realizes how bad it would have become if Musk wouldn’t have stepped in. Censorship is bad even when it’s going against your opponent because the next time it could be going against you.

Posts: 3998 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I hope Mr. Musk gives X a useful verb like "tweet" was. It was an interesting word, with possibilities of noun or verb, and has an inherent recognition of a sound.

I think you could name the company X but you could leave the portal as Twitter, similar to Meta and Facebook.

Mr. Musk explained the layoffs of thousands by reminding the interviewer that allowing free speech did not require censorship and software rules.

I wonder where those laid off are working now. Doubtless they are trying to harm America there.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if Musk could create/sell an iPhone replacement, I'd be thrilled (and first in line).

Posts: 86 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Para, Thanks for the kind words.
I am glad to have been able to come up with a useful forum tool.

Elon Musk has made a significant impact on bringing free speech to the platform.
Prior to his acquisition, I rarely visited the twitter site.
Now I visit it directly on a regular basis and more often by proxy through the forum.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I figured it was about time...so I joined this morning. First time for me dealing with anything on social media.

We'll see how it goes. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Charlie Kirk: “Elon Musk liberating Twitter will go down as one of the greatest free speech victories in the history of western civilization.”

Almost always, when someone speaks of a current event being "one of the greatest victories in the history of (whatever)", it's merely hyperbole.

In this case, however, Kirk may very well be correct.
He may well be.

All one need do is look at how hard the European Union, the leftists here at home, and the dominant "news" media are trying to kill the platform, and think about what they stand for.

It ain't for nothin' they're trying to kill Twitter/X. And, if they can't kill it, muzzle it to the point it might as well not exist.

Musk ain't havin' it.

I urge anybody who really cares about free speech to not only get a Twitter/X account, but get at least a Basic account ($3/mo. or $32/yr.) or, better yet, Premium account ($8/mo. or $84/yr.) to help support the platform.

Personally, I think it money well spent. And this is coming from a guy who, before Musk acquired the platform, would have nothing whatsoever to do with Twitter.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
As much as I enjoy knowing what's happening at X (formerly known as Twitter) Razz, I will not be joining. Whatever topics over there that's important enough for me to have an interest in will be posted on here, anyway. Cool

Q

Posts: 27495 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I just need/want a few things to follow so I get actual news and not hyperbolic clickbait.

Any suggestions?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
What Elon Musk did was immeasurable in the world of cyberspace information. Without a doubt, the commies taking control of social media played a huge part in the 2020 and 2022 elections. Musk just evened out the playing field, thus giving conservatives an advantage since the left is completely 100% out of control at this point. His contemptuous attitude towards criticism, scorn, and govt. attacks, while being the wealthiest man on Earth, is an invaluable asset to have in seeking truth in the information world.

And yes, many thanks to Patrick-SP2022 for creating the embedding tool for Twitter posts and videos.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17151 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OK...y'all have convinced me. I'll have to reactivate my account.

I was on Twatter during the Covid bullshit and the pure HATRED and VITRIOL toward us pure-blood, vaccine-free participants was too much to bear. I just had to eject and watch the canopy. Having seen how it's been turned around by Mr. Musk and in no small part on everyone's participation and postings here, I believe I can be lured back into Twitter without fear of being verbally assaulted.

Thanks y'all!!

ETA: It is noted that Elon HAS turned the platform around with the likes of Charlie Kirk, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, James Woods, etc., etc. I can't remember if Dennis Prager is on Twitter or not...guess I'll have to look for myself. Smile

The answer...YES! Dennis is alive and well on Twitter. From October...

https://www.deseret.com/2023/1...-prager-detrans-film

Dennis' subject matter in this article would NEVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED under the old regime pre-Musk.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post