SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have You Ever Been Ambivalent About Winning/Losing An Auction?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have You Ever Been Ambivalent About Winning/Losing An Auction? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, I've experienced the second bullet at live auctions during Ducks Unlimited fundraisers after a few beers.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very rarely sad when I lose because it's stuff I want but don't need and my fair to me price was exceeded. There are times I've won and asked myself why I bought the item but it's never because I feel like I spent too much. I refuse bidding wars and try to snipe at the last second whenever possible.

Posts: 4333 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I have won many an item I had to have and convinced myself it was the only one left in the world for sale. A few I bid on and later wish I had not, proceeded to get out bid and happy about it, then the lead bidder drops his bid, leaving me the item I already passed off and decided not really wanted (but it was at my low ball price.)

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I've been selling and buying on eBay since 1997 and know exactly what the OP is taking about.

The solution is to use an automated bidding program. It automatically places your bid, and then increases your bid incrementally if needed, up to your set limit, during the last few seconds of the auction.

I have lost very few auction that way, and usually way below the limit price.

All bidding during the auction does is increase the price.

I use Auction Sniper.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post