SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Anything preventing him from going out and buying another? (besides lack of inventory)

Not until he's officially under indictment.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Isn't she the same one who refused to prosecute rioters?

YEP

https://www.ksdk.com/article/n...71-ac9f-05c2c2882b78

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Anything preventing him from going out and buying another? (besides lack of inventory)

Not until he's officially under indictment.

Then I'd love it if someone were to loan or just give him one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A little background on the house....

It's a private street.

Homeowners paid for the streets and sidewalks to be paved long before the surrounding arteries were maintained by the city. In doing so, they reserved the authority to decide who could use them, which, according to an 1895 story in the St. Louis Republic, was “a privilege, not a right.”

The 1904 World’s Fair turned nearby Forest Park into a destination, ensuring the status of Portland Place as one of the city’s premiere streets. Missouri Historical Society

The 1909 Edward A. Faust house, seen behind the gates of Portland Place in St. Louis’s Central West End neighborhood.

Designed in 1909, the 18,000-square-foot mansion was a wedding present for Anna Busch, the daughter of beer magnate Adolphus Busch, whose name adorns the city’s ballpark. The mansion was purchased in 1988 by its current residents, Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who have restored it.

A decades-long renovation returns a Midwestern palazzo to its original glory

https://www.stlmag.com/design/...stern-palazzo-to-it/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Come on now, everyone here knows...

I think we all know why it happened, and I agree she is a fascist/marxist, but what is puzzling some of us is how it happened in the USA.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Come on now, everyone here knows the only reason this happened is because Kim Gardner is a fucking commie. Commies hate private gun ownership, and they will make up any excuses to grab your guns.

The only reason it happened is because the cops tasked with this job didn’t tell their superiors to go fuck themselves.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I have read several articles that mention this attorney's donations to Democrats, and that he supports BLM.

So while I believe it's bullshit in concept, it appears to be another leftist being eaten by his own.

quote:
The only reason it happened is because the cops tasked with this job didn’t tell their superiors to go fuck themselves.

Outside of a few sheriffs, have you seen this happen a single time during all of this?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nope, plenty of good little goose steppers in liberal areas.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have read several articles that mention this attorney's donations to Democrats, and that he supports BLM.
So while I believe it's bullshit in concept, it appears to be another leftist being eaten by his own.

Yes, and leftists do eventually eat their own. They eventually destroy everything. But we don't want to allow that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Because they are personal injury lawyers, I had assumed they are democrats. I am sure that either the irony of them owning defense weapons, especially the AR15, is lost on them, or as good communist oligarchs, they simply don't care.

Part of me enjoys seeing them hoisted on their own petard, but the bigger picture of a circuit attorney being able to turn a piece of the USA into her own chunk of fascist turf is frightening.

I wonder if these two will wake up and vote Republican in November? Smile

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark 123 needs to work on the lawn. The lines should not be showing. Rest of landscaping looks OK.
The building looks like the Field Museum in Chicago. BTW how did these attorneys make their money or was it family money??

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Violent assault??? Has she ever seen the movies where people ARE violently assaulted? She needs to cruise aroud East Saint Louis on a Saturday night.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If this is an actual question...

Yes, it is real question and thanks for answering. But doesn't a search warrant have to be connected to a crime?.
^^^This. A judge must sign a warrant, and I don't think they just sign anything put before them if it doesn't include adequate evidence that illegal activity or crimes are being committed. Search warrants most certainly aren't intended to be open fishing expeditions. I too would like to see the warrant application and what was included in it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She earned her spot with George Soros money and it’s no wonder that since she has held office there has been OVER a 100% turnover rate.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
BTW how did these attorneys make their money or was it family money??

I believe they are personal injury attorneys and actually may specialize in representing clients who claim police brutality, ironically.

And I don't know how actually wealthy they are, but they spent decades restoring that beautiful home. I can imagine it was in some way rundown when they bought it, but I'm purely speculating. My point simply being that they don't necessarily have to be multi millionaires to be living in a house like that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“A search warrant being executed is clear indication of what the circuit attorney's intentions are. Beyond that, I can't comment,” Schwartz said.

As suggested by the McCloskey's attorney, I do think she intends to charge them.
Pat is probably in more trouble than Mark, based on the pictures I've seen.

-rduckwor

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
?

And I don't know how actually wealthy they are, but they spent decades restoring that beautiful home. My point simply being that they don't necessarily have to be multi millionaires to be living in a house like that.

The home is valued at 1.7 million. Taxes are 21k a year.

Running the home must cost quite a bit. I'd say you aren't going to be maintaining a home like that on a 150K a year.

But the fact it they are well into the MULTI level..

quote:
Mark & Patricia McCloskey net worth is about $50 Million. Mark & Patricia McCloskey St Louis Gun Couple Lifestyle & Million-Dollar Home They are a famous couple and was represented in St. Louis Magazine for completely redesigning their famous home in 1988.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
BTW how did these attorneys make their money or was it family money??

I believe they are personal injury attorneys and actually may specialize in representing clients who claim police brutality, ironically.

And I don't know how actually wealthy they are, but they spent decades restoring that beautiful home. I can imagine it was in some way rundown when they bought it, but I'm purely speculating. My point simply being that they don't necessarily have to be multi millionaires to be living in a house like that.

At 18000sq feet I would respectfully disagree that they would have to be multi millionaires. It was rundown when they bought it but have spent millions restoring it. Taxes alone are probably over $100,000 a year.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Running the home must cost quite a bit. I'd say you aren't going to be maintaining a home like that on a 150K a year.

^^^^^^^^^
Yeah not to mention the upkeep on a place like that. I want to know more about these folks. It is cold in Saint Louis, and I bet keeping the place warm is no small expense.

Just saw the above post, 50 million is in the MULTI range as far as I am concerned.