SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a secret to reserving a motel room ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a secret to reserving a motel room ? Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
When using booking service subtract at least one star from their rating...because they are generous with what they think a 3 star hotel is...

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Also, when you search, the website tracks your cookies and increases the price. Try deleting your cookies and trying again.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "cookies" thing is true. I logged in while at work while my kid was searching for over an hour reading reviews. The prices on my screen were lower than on the kid's screen. The kid was panicking saying, "we gotta pick one, the prices are going up!". I said, "Relax, they are trying to build a sense of urgency so you pick one before leaving their website".

My best results were when doing as others mentioned. Find the best online price, the contact hotel directly asking them to match price.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I must say I have had good customer service from Hotels.com. When the hurricane was coming to Maui, I canceled a room I had at an oceanside hotel, and both the hotel and Hotels.com agreed to refund the booking, despite there being a "no cancellations" policy.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Never.
The first letter “m” is the flag.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Never.
The first letter “m” is the flag.

I don't know what this means .

Found a place in my price range, thanks for all the assistance.

I nixed the Air B&b choices, as I am 6 ft 4 in tall and over 350 lbs.

I did not want to cause any heart attacks or strokes , when Herman Munster showed up at their door

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post