SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Mexico militia detains migrants at gunpoint until Border Patrol arrives: report
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico militia detains migrants at gunpoint until Border Patrol arrives: report Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
My guess is that we'll be seeing more of this sort of thing. I can't say that I necessarily disagree with it given the dire situation at the border. If the government won't take care of it's citizens what are they supposed to do? Maybe some SJW's will join in and things will get even more interesting?

An armed right-wing militia group operating along the U.S.-Mexico border posted several videos to social media this week, including one in which they held about 200 asylum-seeking migrants at gunpoint near Sunland Park, N.M., until U.S. Border Patrol agents arrived, according to a report.

The militia group, which calls itself the United Constitutional Patriots, said it is determined to monitor the border until President Trump fulfills his campaign promise of a border wall or until Congress enacts stronger legislation to make it more difficult for migrants to request asylum, Jim Benvie, a spokesman, told The New York Times in a phone interview.

“It should go without saying that regular citizens have no authority to arrest or detain anyone,” the governor of New Mexico, Michelle Lujan Grisham, said in a statement to The New York Times, adding that it is “completely unacceptable” that migrants be “menaced or threatened” upon entering the U.S.

The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that “the Trump administration’s vile racism” emboldened these groups.

Carlos A. Diaz, a spokesperson for Customs and Border Protection, would not divulge specific details about the scene in the video or about the United Constitutional Patriots, but said in a statement that Border Patrol “does not endorse private groups or organizations taking enforcement matters into their own hands.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new...order-patrol-arrives

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
"When in the course of human events it becomes necessary..."

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Similar things happened in Arizona in the early 2000's. If did not go well for the local landowners. Civil suits were brought on behalf of illegals detained by private landowners.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11787 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

“It should go without saying that regular citizens have no authority to arrest or detain anyone,” the governor of New Mexico, Michelle Lujan Grisham, said in a statement to The New York Times, adding that it is “completely unacceptable” that migrants be “menaced or threatened” upon entering the U.S.

Oh shut up, you stupid woman.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30456 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding.

I wish my governor would just mobilize Texans. We are being invaded.

Posts: 3956 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would disagree, you leftist turd.

https://law.justia.com/codes/n...e-4/section-31-4-14/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15640 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
excellent

the people stepping up and doing what the politicians refuse to do

the governor of NM needs to shut her pie hole - they are NOT migrants, they are NOT seeking asylum - none of them can articulate a real cause for seeking asylum - they just know the word

the invaders should be glad they weren't just shot

the border is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and democrats are the reason why

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53245 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

Oh shut up, you stupid woman.
She is indeed ignorant. "Citizen's Arrest" has been lawful for centuries.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem with it. Obama and Holden might.

I find it ironic that under them, local and state law enforcement could not enforce federal immigration law, but the militia decided to do just that. They'll have to take criticism for doing what's right.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sounds as the fine folks in NM need to take their state back.

Essentially, what the governor said was "those committing crimes shouldn't be menaced or harassed". That's pretty telling.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Similar things happened in Arizona in the early 2000's. If did not go well for the local landowners. Civil suits were brought on behalf of illegals detained by private landowners.

At what point do you disregard the law? Seems like every other judge is some activist freak who doesn’t work for the citizenry.

Posts: 9982 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If only our politicians fought as hard for law abiding citizens as they do for illegals.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That's great news. I hope it sparks more like them.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I encourage the militia's to do this if the government is not going to do its job. And more cities and counties are going to be pushing back as this crisis is allowed to continue.
-------------------------------
New Mexico county demands Nat’l Guard help for ‘illegal immigrant crisis’ influx

A county in New Mexico has voted to implement a state of emergency and called on the governor to act in the overwhelming influx of migrants.

Otero County commissioners cited the immigration crisis on the southern border in their unanimous state of emergency declaration, calling on urgent action from Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham to send the National Guard or else face a lawsuit.

Commissioners requested National Guard personnel deploy to the county of 63,000 residents in order for Border Patrol agents to return to their posts at key checkpoints.

“Because of the crisis at the Mexican border, the Border Patrol officers who staff the highway checkpoints on U.S. 70 near the White Sands National Monument and U.S. 54 near Orogrande have been reassigned and the border checkpoints closed. This means that drug traffickers and illegal aliens can enter Otero County freely,” the resolution says.

Commissioners are giving the governor one week to act before they consider pursuing a lawsuit.

“Otero County will also consider litigation in regards to the State of New Mexico failing to follow its constitutional duties towards the people of Otero County,” County Commission Chairman Couy Griffin said at the meeting.

In February, Gov. Lujan Grisham ordered the withdrawal of 118 National Guard troops deployed to the southern border about a year earlier as a result of President Donald Trump’s push for a stronger guardsmen presence at the border.

Only 11 to 15 guardsmen were ordered to remain in place at the border. The governor also told the New Mexico National Guard to “immediately assess whether an augmented presence in the southwestern part of the state is needed.”

Otero County’s new declaration comes just two days after the border city of Yuma, Ariz. declared its own state of emergency due to the rising influx of migrants to their region.

Yuma’s emergency was declared after Border Patrol released some 1,300 migrants in a span of just three weeks in the city of approximately 100,000, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

“I had to do something to change the discussion and to change the posture, to get more resources or get the situation resolved in one manner or another,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls told the Wall Street Journal.

“Mayor: Migrants being released into the community faster than they are departing, and shelters and the staff to run them are at max capacity. A state of emergency is declared,” the town’s Twitter account posted on Tuesday.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed last month that the number of immigrants apprehended by border patrol officials has been increasing exponentially, and is on pace to reach one million by the end of the year.

Detention centers are at overwhelming capacity, with a significant rise of illegal immigrant apprehensions month over month in 2019, causing thousands of migrants to be released in U.S. cities while awaiting asylum hearings.

https://americanmilitarynews.c...ail&utm_medium=email

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Gov. of New Mexico denies request from Otero county for the National Guard to help with the border.

She say's it's a Fed problem.

https://www.chron.com/news/art...garding-13780622.php

Posts: 1579 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
She say's it's a Fed problem.

Not anymore - thanks to the militia - and fuck her.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
We can detain, but not arrest. I don't see anything the militia as illegal.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4021 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
“It should go without saying that regular citizens have no authority to arrest or detain anyone,”

I beg to differ with you. Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Illegal crossings on the increase. Arrests on the increase. Detentions centers over flowing and can't take anymore. Churches cannot accept more illegals. Releases increasing with the 'promise' to return for legal proceedings.

I gotta believe that the illegals (or their enablers) realize that flooding the US would have this result.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fine with me. The US gov't should compensate them for their time and for any ammunition they may use. I'd love to see half a million armed Americans patrolling our southern border.

Posts: 107771 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post