SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Was going to shoot today at around 1:00...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Was going to shoot today at around 1:00... Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
And the rain started at 12:20.

Now I will have to do something productive. Like laundry. Or sheet rocking the closet. Or cleaning the garage.

Damn. Sunday is supposed to be my play day!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12817 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No indoor range?

Q

Posts: 26712 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Screw chores. There's plenty of "gun stuff" you can do inside...

Reload
Dry fire
Draw practice
Flashlight practice
Deep clean your guns
Room clearing practice
Check/retorque your optics
Check/retorque your holster fasteners
Reorganize your safes/ammo storage/mag storage
Update your firearm inventory for insurance purposes
Oil those forgotten guns that just sit at the back of the safe

Posts: 32629 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You mean, go shopping for more? Capital idea!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12817 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Reload?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Reload?

Note the "clean the garage" comment. A necessary precondition to building the reloading bench.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reload?

I haven't done any reloading in a while. Might need to go check ammoseek or TargetSportsUSA.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20917 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Can't shoot in some rain. What, guns made of sugar?
Hell, i like a bit of rain myself. Makes the smell of burnt gunpowder that much better.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19309 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Reload?

I haven't done any reloading in a while. Might need to go check ammoseek or TargetSportsUSA.

That's how I reload lol

Posts: 1182 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
No indoor range?

He can do dry wall work,so there is NO excuse for not shooting indoors. Big Grin

Posts: 12816 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Can't shoot in some rain. What, guns made of sugar?
Hell, i like a bit of rain myself. Makes the smell of burnt gunpowder that much better.

Yep, me too. The way the smoke hangs in the air is pretty cool, too. Then there's the fact that the range is never crowded when it's coming down better than a drizzle...

Then again, where I live, if I canceled a range trip whenever it rained, it would be hard to ever make it out there.

Posts: 17303 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
He can do dry wall work,so there is NO excuse for not shooting indoors.

Ok, now THAT's funny...

Range is in the hayfield behind the house. No cover at all.

Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ever Fart in the Shower.

Posts: 499 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
quote:

Ever Fart in the Shower.
All the ammonia is immediately absorbed by the water, leaving mostly just the hydrogen sulfide. (H2S is also soluble in water, but much less so than NH3.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
quote:
Ever Fart in the Shower.
Bathtub.

Bubbles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30864 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^Your new nickname?

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
He can do dry wall work,so there is NO excuse for not shooting indoors.

Ok, now THAT's funny...

Range is in the hayfield behind the house. No cover at all.

So now you have time to design and plan your shooting shelter.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
We managed to finish and clean up our IDPA match over in Lake Nona before it started raining.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2593 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post